Update News

I know it's been a lot of work to launch this wonderful New Nokia series,but do anyone have a clue when the next update will be rollout?

Update News

user625 user625
✭✭  /  edited May 22
I know it's been a lot of work to launch this wonderful New Nokia series,but do anyone have a clue when the next update will be rollout?

Comments

• user625 user625
    ✭✭  /  edited September 2017

YESS ! Prepare all for update to 7.1.1 ! :-)

"7.1.1 Update approved and will now be rolled out. We will phase it over a few days to ensure quality

4:04 PM - Aug 31, 2017"

• user625 user625
    ✭✭  / 

Tweet:

"7.1.1 Update approved and will now be rolled out. We will phase it over a few days to ensure quality

4:04 PM - Aug 31, 2017"

• user625 user625
    ✭✭  / 

Tweet 1 september:

"All of our smartphones will upgrade to Oreo, Nokia 3 included. No comments yet on timing so that I don't get into trouble "

• user625 user625
    ✭✭  / 

Android Oreo update in the “coming weeks.”

• user625 user625
    ✭✭  / 

"The features with the Android O

Google’s Android 8.0 comes along with a whole bunch of new and exciting features, and performance improvements claim a report by Android Central. For instance, the update is going to include a feature called, “Picture-in-Picture” mode that will allow users to operate multiple windows at the same time.

For example, smartphone owners will be able to watch a video on YouTube and check their emails on Yahoo! at the same time.

The “Autofill” option has also been updated. The system will remember log-in information into each app and provide suggestions when users return.

The latest update consists of a revamped notifications dots option. Upon tapping it, users will face an array of new actions, quick replies, and fun emoticons and content that interests them. Massive mobile OS updates such as Oreo, usually carry all security enhancements and under-the-hood improvements. Similarly, this software update is going to enhance the boot speeds of Android smartphones exponentially.

The firm has incorporated a special “Google Play Protect,” option that restricts users from installing “malicious” or “suspicious” apps. The Android Oreo is roughly 900MB in size. Therefore, it will take more than a few moments to install it. Users and thus advised to keep their smartphones on charge or install the update with a hundred per cent battery. In case, the device shuts down halfway down the installing process; users stand the threat of losing all their data."

(Blasting News-TECH-5 september 2017)

• user625 user625
    ✭✭  / 

THANK YOU NOKIA ! I am just downloading the 7.1.1 Update.Great Job for testing first the quality of the build before OTA !

• user625 user625
    ✭✭  / 

Remarcable,cleanest and pure Android OS build I ever had on a phone ! The NOKIA 3 is suitable and a wise choice.Congrats!

• user625 user625
    ✭✭  / 

International Business Times:

"It is confirmed that HMD Global will not only release the Android 8.0 Oreo update but also Google's upcoming operating system Android P to all its devices -- Nokia 3, Nokia 5, Nokia 6 and Nokia 8 . However, it appears like the handsets will get yet another Android Nougat update before receiving the latest firmware. 

The officials from the Finnish company have recently told reporters at the launch of the Nokia 8 in Taiwan that the device would get the Android 8.0 Oreo update in October. The announcement came not long after the company said that the firmware would come to the Nokia 3, Nokia 5, and Nokia 6 before the end of this year.

According to a report by NokiaPowerUser, the Nokia 6 has been spotted running Android 7.1.2 Nougat on GFXBench, giving a clear hint that it might get the new version of the OS before getting the recently released Android 8.0 Oreo. There is no word on the Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 8 but they too might be upgraded to Android 7.1.2 Nougat before tasting Oreo. 

It is reported that Android 7.1.2 Nougat enhances notification stability, improves fingerprint swipe performance, and gives alert on battery usage alerts among other features."

• user625 user625
    ✭✭  / 

YESS! Charge your phone and Prepare to Update your NOKIA 3 to Security patch level 1 oct 2017-411 Mb.

Build 00WW_2_15E .

Thank You NOKIA !

• user625 user625
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia 3 will get Android 7.1.2 in November with the monthly security patch.

"The Mediatek processor on Nokia 3 means slight delay in getting updated drivers and

some more time required to complete their testing.

The update should arrive sometime next month (likely along with the monthly security patch)

because the device - as well as all other Nokia branded devices from HMD - is

already confirmed to get Oreo before the end of the year."-GSM Arena

• user625 user625
    ✭✭  / 
    November security update released.78Mb still on 7.1.1.(no 7.1.2 yet).
  • bernd bernd
     / 

Thanks for the info, user625. As I'm still on October level, I tried it. No difference compared to Settings, About Phone, Systemupdate etc. Nice try.

• @user625, the forced checkin didn't work for me either
  • Finally managed to update my phone. I've posted the procedure that worked in the Software Updates thred.

• user625 user625
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia 3 update will bypass 7.1.2 and go direct to Oreo !Soon as possible.

• Wilson Shrestha Wilson Shrestha
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia 3 will get oreo but I think it will be in February or March of 2018 for the stable build. Beta version maybe available end of January. Anyways this is just my thought.
  • user625 user625
    ✭✭  / 

Nope.It will happend until the end of 2017 ! :-)