Providing Ozo Audio enhancement in Nokia 6.1 plus via next update

It enhances users music experience ...ever e Nokia phone has either Ozo/Dolby !

Providing Ozo Audio enhancement in Nokia 6.1 plus via next update

It enhances users music experience ...ever e Nokia phone has either Ozo/Dolby !

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    OZO audio is not for music playback, it is for sound recording. It will only improve playback if the music was originally recorded with OZO audio and it's only really useful if recorded during a video.
  • Wade Wilson Wade Wilson
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    I would love to see that. OZO Audio can work well even on the phone with only 2 microphones. I think there are currently three variants of OZO Audio Recording? Hmm, @HMD_Laura? And yes, @madbilly is correct. It is only for video recording (which I hope can also be done via Audio Recorder app). However, I really wish they bring the Dolby Atmos to Nokia phones too. 
  • navs navs
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @madbilly
    Is OZO audio support coming to Nokia 6.1 plus anytime soon? The audio focus and zoom kind of enhancements?
  • DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Oz sound from Nokia 6.1 and Dolby Atmos from Nokia 6 will revolutionise the experience
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    There have been talks of Nokia bringing out new features in the OZO Audio Recording with audio zoom feature where audio is zoomed according to the visual zoom while video recording. But it is unknown if Nokia will or can bring support to Nokia 6.1 Plus and other devices.
  • navs navs
    ✭✭✭  / 
    navs said:
    @madbilly
    Is OZO audio support coming to Nokia 6.1 plus anytime soon? The audio focus and zoom kind of enhancements?
    I'd like to add here that from my small experiment I found that Nokia 6.1 plus records spatial audio while taking videos.
    OZO audio is a technology that allows almost all devices to record Spatial audio. Currently OZO has 3 different modules, OZO sound, OZO focus, OZO zoom.
    OZO sound is 360 spatial audio recording. While focus locks audio focus onto particular element in video when you focus the video on an element and zoom is similar to focus but it captures audio of what is on the screen alone.

It's unclear in Nokia 6.1 plus has OZO support but this phone can record spatial audio. Anyways the sound quality from Nokia 6.1 plus video recordings are great.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    navs said:
    @madbilly
    @wilson shrestha is correct we, don't know.

Well done on determining that the 6.1+ can record spatial audio! How did you work that out, how did you test it?

AFAIK, OZO Audio needs 3 microphones.
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    madbilly said:
    navs said:
    @madbilly
    @wilson shrestha is correct we, don't know.

Well done on determining that the 6.1+ can record spatial audio! How did you work that out, how did you test it?

AFAIK, OZO Audio needs 3 microphones.
    No. OZO Audio can work with two microphones. It is the bare minimum. There are actually three types of OZO Audio. 

The two mic layout is called "Spatial audio capture". The three mic layout is called "360 audio capture", and the more advanced four mic layout is "3D audio capture". 
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Wade Wilson thanks for the clarification, very helpful. Do you have a link to a Nokia white paper or something which explains the technical side of OZO Audio? That would be an interesting read.
    ✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    @Wade Wilson thanks for the clarification, very helpful. Do you have a link to a Nokia white paper or something which explains the technical side of OZO Audio? That would be an interesting read.
    @madbilly I will try to look for it. But I have the screenshot. 
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Thanks!
  • navs said:
    @madbilly
    Well it's not confirmed yet and as far as OZO audio is concerned well from my observation the only devices supporting OZO audio are Nokia 6.1, Nokia 7 plus, Nokia 8 Nokia 8 sirrocco And Nokia X7 as they have mentioned it on paper.Well even if these updates comes it's hard to say that they will release it on the devices which they haven't mentioned.