Has everyone received the December Update?

I didn't get the update.

Has everyone received the December Update?

Wilson Shrestha Wilson Shrestha
✭✭✭  /  edited March 1
I didn't get the update.

Comments

• Hi Wilson, 

Did you follow the usual steps to search for the update? I got the update on my Nokia 3. I don't believe this is a geographical selection or something like that.  :)

• Wilson Shrestha Wilson Shrestha
    ✭✭✭  /  edited December 2017
    Yes I tried the usual steps but no luck.
  • Marco Marco
     /  edited December 2017
    i haven't received yet the November security patch. nokia 3 TA-1032 no brand. Italy.
  • Ráyhan Ráyhan
     /  edited December 2017
    Neither have I..... It's been like 8 days sense it released 
    ✭✭✭  / 

Can you inform me by commenting when you receive your December update? I would appreciate that.

• argy argy
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello from Greece. I have November update. I have not come yet in December...
  • Hello from Austria! Got the december update just this minute...

• Ráyhan Ráyhan
     /  edited March 1
    I got the update today noon... Check manually for yours and comment if you need help 
  • argy argy
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2017
    Hello again from Greece! Got the december update just this minute...
    ✭✭✭  /  edited March 22
    Thanks for the replies I too got the december update just now.
  • Björninger Björninger
     / 
    Since the November update none of the security updates reached my TA-1032.

I contacted Nokia support 2 times and asked for the reason, that since 4 months no updates are provided. No answer from their side, just the usual "we won't tell you, but don't give up and continue waiting for it" attitude.

No clue, why Nokia is fooling around with TA-1032 owners.

My last hope will be Oreo, when it is ready. If updates don't work after that the phone will be dumped...
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hey even I'm using TA-1032 but I got every updates on time and I'm even on Oreo beta program. Maybe it has to do something with your country or region or carrier service.
  • Björninger Björninger
     /  edited March 1

Well, that's exactly the problem. Nokia is telling me "that this has to do something with your country or region or carrier service". But about country, region and carrier service are we talking when I use a German and a Romanian SIM card on an unlocked phone? Are we talking about Germany, where Nokia is not providing updates or Romania or the cities, where I roam or the do they not provide updates for the main carrier services in the mentioned countries anymore? How can one find out, why the updates are not provided???

What are security updates good for, when you don't get them? We are talking in the meantime about 3 updates in a row, which the TA-1032 did not receive and there is no explanation why it is so?!?

• Marco Marco
     / 
    Shutdown phone

- Remove SIM card

- Startup phone

- In Apps settings, reset data of "Google Services Framework", and force close (this will assign a new Google device ID to your phone; some apps might not like that...)

- In Dialer, dial *#*#checkin#*#*

- Search for updates, install them (via WiFi)

- Insert SIM card again

Try in this way. Something like that worked for me
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Have you tried VPN method to receive the update?
  • Björninger Björninger
     / 

I haven't tried it yet. I know how to set up and use a VPN connection. In this case, where to I connect to and from where do I get the login information?

• Björninger Björninger
     / 

Interesting approach! I'll and get back with feedback...

• Björninger Björninger
     / 

Reseting the "Google Services Framework" didn't help.

✭✭✭  / 

Basically you can connect to any region. Just search for free VPN on PlayStore and you can use it to connect to some of the selected countries. And by the way I never mentioned anything about Resetting Google Services Framework. You don't need any login information.

• Björninger Björninger
     /  edited March 2

I followed your suggestion, but was not able to trigger any update. A few weeks ago, I did a hard reset of the TA-1032, while being in Germany. I also tried finding updates without the SIM cards inserted. No luck. It seems, there are Nokia 3 models, where the updates would corrupt more, than they would optimize.

The unfortunate part, again, is not to get any information about it, why the phone does not receive the latest security updates.

Times are definitely gone, when Nokia phones were the most reliable phones available...

✭✭✭  / 

See they even say this in beta labs, But I don't know how or why network providers matter. Sorry I couldn't solve your problem,

"Please note, we cannot offer the beta version of Android Oreo to devices on certain network providers." 

• I have notification about the update - security patch Dec 2017. However, it was stuck at the download step and lets me wait forever.
    I have contacted support twice but they said they can't help me with this case. They advised me to wait for a while, when the server for updating is not busy.
    Even i have uninstalled Google play services, delete cache, soft reset, used VPN but it's still there, nothing's happened.
  • Björninger Björninger
     / 

As mentioned before, my Nokia 3 didn't receive any updates since November 2017. Lately I decided to try a manual update through recovery mode. I actually ruined the phone completely and ended up with a dead piece of hardware. I have no clue, if Nokia is going to help me to put Nougat back on the phone again.

Having said this, I generally suggest to by patient with updates for the Nokia 3. The unfortunate part is, that Nokia support does not really give helpful answers, why on one phone updates are working while on others not.

From the latest experience I learned, being a client, who is highly customizing his phone, the medium and low level models are not the best investment, because, there seems to be restrictions and other "issues" why these model have to wait for updates, services, support, etc.

E.g. the Samsung A3 (2016) or my old iPhone 5S never had any issues with updates or support requests. The Nokia 3 in comparison does not play in the same league, therefore don't expect to much from the phone itself as well as the support for it...

• Björninger Björninger
     / 

Oh boy! Finally the mystery of my Nokia 3 not receiving any security updates since November 2017 is solved!

When I bought the phone in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, the shop Quickmobile sold me an import phone, which was originally manufactured for the Taiwanese market! So, they actually tricked me, because next to the fact, that the phone does not work properly with the local network providers, does not receive security updates in Europe, the phone does actually not have any guarantee, because it is "mislocated", so to say, lost in Europe...

I actually now have a failes Nokia 3 with a serious software problem, no guarantee in Europe and can try to get the Romanian reseller to replace the Taiwanese model with a European model. Well, this will be fun...