Will HMD fix Google's stupidity?

I'm wondering (and strongly hope) whether HMD could fix Google's idiotic UX decisions?

Will HMD fix Google's stupidity?

marsic marsic
✭✭✭✭  / 
I'm wondering (and strongly hope) whether HMD could fix Google's idiotic UX decisions? For example, merging the Ring and Notification sound volume controls into a single slider (who on this Earth could possibly conceive such idiocy?, Oh, yeah, Google...)

Could you guys add your touch to this "(im)pure Android" story where necessary, like the above example? I'd gladly have an app you'd make for such purposes, if not possible to tweak the OS itself before rolling it out.

Here's to hoping you'll further differentiate yourselves on the market. 🍻

Answers

• nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

what's problem with that slider.First One is for mute, vibrate,ring and Second one is Media Volume.We didn't have to use up and down button for ring, vibrate and mute.Its good for me.
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

what's problem with that slider.First One is for mute, vibrate,ring and Second one is Media Volume.We didn't have to use up and down button for ring, vibrate and mute.Its good for me.
    You seem to have the pie, I'm currently rocking Oreo on Nokia 8. I'm talking about the volume sliders in the Settings > Sound menu, see the following screenshot and tell me how can I set notifications volume (mail/sms received, etc) to 40% for example and call ring tone to 80%?

The current implemention will set both notification AND call ring tone volumes to the same level, with no possibility to have them at separate levels! What moron ever thought of/accepted this scheisse into Android?
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I think this is an excellent suggestion :)
  • navs navs
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @Marcel Sichitiu
    Although custom notifications are supported but not the way you are referring. One could either have a different tone for notifications for each apps. And ringer volume controls all notifications. This could not be tweaked. But the ringer sound and notification sound is although different so you need not worry about this.

If you'd like to put your device to DND and you need some apps to override DND then you can do that. This could help you to some extent I hope.
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    I wasn't referring to the volume state toggle (normal, vibrate-only, muted), but the volume control sliders, instead of separate sliders for notifications and ring volume, currently a single slider (the Ring slide in my previous screenshot) controls both! If I want to lower the notifications volume but keep the Ring volume at maximum (for example), I cannot do that.

I want to clearly hear the Ring tone when I'm called by someone, but I'd like to have the notifications volume at a lower level, because they're much more frequent and it can get very annoying to myself and the others around me when the notification sound is played repeatedly, for example when someone sends many SMS messages in a row. Of course, this is just an example, but regardless of reasons it is just not possible! Because Google is wise and decided on behalf of the entire planet that they know better than us what we need!