Nokia 8 - Half of display died - Page 3


I can not answer your question. I have not had any hardware problem yet. If I had so many problems with my Nokia 8, I immediately ask for a refund.

Nokia 8 - Half of display died

Comments

  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    anderss said:
    I have had the same problem now twice and had it repaired under warranty again before Christmas....now it's back again!

    Before this I already had i repaired one because the SIM tray couldn't be inserted...so this is the 3rd time it's in for repair. I used to have Google Nexus phones and have never had any issues with them so I'm very surprised and annoyed as I have to go through the hassle of servicing it and being without a phone for another 2 weeks.

    Its a TA-1004 bought in Denmark and I love the speed of the phone and the quality of the pictures, but the build quality makes me very concerned about buying Nokia phones in the future....I certainly can't recommend it anymore.

    Does anyone know why it's happening? I seem to be able to get the screen working again if I squeeze on the screen in the lower left quadrant (but only for a little while), so it's probably a connector or hardware problem

    Any thoughts?
    I can not answer your question. I have not had any hardware problem yet. If I had so many problems with my Nokia 8, I immediately ask for a refund.
  • Same issue here - @tornerix I think I saw someone else mention that this is a heat issue so I'm afraid your freezer fix might be temporary...
  • I've had the same issue in october and after a screen replacement under warranty it seems to work fine. But I discovered that the screen protector I used at that time and decided to remove today, affects the touchscreen reactivity. I'm talking about a screen protector with glued corners only (the one with black edges) which seems to interfere with the grounding of the phone, causing bad reactivity of the touch when used while charging and even when used on a surface with just one finger and not lifting the phone. I don't know if this is related to the half screen issue but I think that using this type of screen protector is not healthy for our phones. Is there anyone that at the time of the screen failure was using this type of screen protector? 
  • Qrac Qrac
     /  edited February 2019
    I also had this problem. Because it was my second time sending it to service shop (to the store where I bought the phone - Nokia wanted a payment to just have a look at the phone lol), they replaced the phone free of charge. Happend 5-6 months after I bought it. After a very hot summer. 

    If it happens again this summer I will get some other phone from an other manufacturer and never look back at HMD/Nokia (the pie update....).
  • Palafdim Palafdim
    ✭✭  / 
    Same problen in brand new phone. Only a few hours of use

  • Dodger_nzl Dodger_nzl
    ✭✭  / 
    Same issue with my phone just now.. Left side.

    Problem I have is that I brought my phone in Jan last year, and then 3 weeks later my son bashed it out of my hand and put a small crack in the top right corner of the screen. I assume this will stop me from getting a warranty replacement :(
  • redsnake redsnake
     /  edited March 2019
    Hello, I have the same problem with nokia 8 TA-1012 purchased 8 months ago.
    The left half of the screen is full of pixels and is no longer visible,
    sometimes the touchscreen does not work. :/:/:/
    Has anyone in Romania experienced with this problem? If yes how did it solve. Thanks a good day!
  • user1537703325973 user1537703325973
     /  edited March 2019
    i have had this problem since purchase. I bought it from Dubai on march 2018 now i have sent it for repair for the 3rd time. This screen issue is a hardware fault and i think it has to do with high EMF (Electro-magnetic fields) signals interference. So if you pass close to a transformer or any electric device that possibly emits EMF, could damage your phone. I guess Nokia has not tackled this basic issue with their hardware components. Also i have a serious question why none of the people at nokia responds to us in this forum. I have got any response to my request for a replacement too.
  • 15 days for first time reparation

  • BJ Hutton BJ Hutton
     /  edited March 2019
    I just had the same issue. I was playing a game and half the screen froze, then has become staitic. I factory reset the phone, no go still there. This is an overlay graphic issue, a possible hack to make money off repairs. I will be reporting to ACCC as the issue is repretitous on the Nokia 8 working via forums. A factory recall is required.
  • BJ Hutton BJ Hutton
     /  edited March 2019
    BJ Hutton said:

    I just had the same issue - half screen static.

    I was playing a game and half the screen game image froze on the side I was in use of by hand, then has become static thereafter.

    I factory reset the phone, still no go there. This is an overlay graphic issue with the touchscreen display. I believe it is heat related (possible battery / cpu related), as the Nokia 8 gets hot playing games and on recharge. 

    I will be reporting to ACCC as the issue is repretitous on the Nokia 8 and some Samsung models via forums (identical product manufacturer fault, not user).

    I am no longer under warranty and will not be paying for repair of a manufacturer issue that is known. 

    Apple have had a similar issue with the white screen of death ect. and LG have had static lines on reboot (both have fixes).
  • BJ Hutton said: I had the same issue - half screen static. 

    I have found the solution without repair nor data or cache loss, however maybe temporary. Do not reset the modular phone / device. 

    Put on a pair of disposable gloves and place the phone landscape on the table, nearby to edge. 

    Place palm of hand flat bedded on the centre of screen with fingers hanging over the side edge and apply allot of pressure, until fixed (focus on the middle to upper end of the device).

    The issue is the touchscreen connection to the device with all the heat and uneven use of pressure will cause it to dislodged.

    This is still a Product Manufacturer Fault, thus to adhesive use and lack of pressure brace or pins on modular device's.

    Repair is still available for consumers, as it is a known issue and brand responsibility.

    All device brands be Apple, Samsung, HTC and LG have had a similar issue.

    BJ Hutton
    POC Institute / Stryker's Lounge (YouTube) 

    #static
  • AbuKhleif AbuKhleif
    ✭✭  / 
    I have the same problem, a few days after my warranty ended.  (TA-1004). I won't trust Nokia again :")
  • Wail Sarsam Wail Sarsam
    ✭✭  / 
    I have the same problem today  :(
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Just add mine has also gone on the left hand side of the screen.
  • Mine is still under warranty so i'm sending mine for repair for the second time now!

    @HMD - this is diabolical warranty will run out soon and bound to have the same problem in the future. HMD simply don’t care as they taken my money already. I bought the Nokia brand as I’ve still got a working Nokia phone which is 20+ years old but never Nokia again!!!
  • They should give us android Q as a gift for the discomfort. Nokia 8 scirocco has the same specs and it will receive it... 
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Lumiacat said:
    They should give us android Q as a gift for the discomfort. Nokia 8 scirocco has the same specs and it will receive it... 
    Do you really want to prolong the life of the Nokia 8 any longer? Now mine has failed (and i have not heard a thing for 3 weeks) i don't think i could ever trust it again as my main phone, i'd be constantly waiting for it to pack in again.
  • Lumiacat Lumiacat
     /  edited May 2019
    mrbelter said:
    Do you really want to prolong the life of the Nokia 8 any longer? Now mine has failed (and i have not heard a thing for 3 weeks) i don't think i could ever trust it again as my main phone, i'd be constantly waiting for it to pack in again.
    I'm talking about those who have recently bought the smartphone and don't want to waste money. Obviously it could be a prolong of issues but as long as we have the warranty I would give it a try. 
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Lumiacat said:
    mrbelter said:
    Do you really want to prolong the life of the Nokia 8 any longer? Now mine has failed (and i have not heard a thing for 3 weeks) i don't think i could ever trust it again as my main phone, i'd be constantly waiting for it to pack in again.
    I'm talking about those who have recently bought the smartphone and don't want to waste money. Obviously it could be a prolong of issues but as long as we have the warranty I would give it a try. 
    Which is great but anyone that recently bought a Nokia 8 should have already known it was EOL and the updates start from the day it came to market and not the day you bought it.
  • mrbelter said:
    Which is great but anyone that recently bought a Nokia 8 should have already known it was EOL and the updates start from the day it came to market and not the day you bought it.
    Anyway I know it will never happen, as you said it's eol. I'm just disappointed as everyone else here for this issue and the poor regard that hmd is having. At the time I bought my Nokia 8 it was the only device to match the requirements I was looking for, plus I trusted the brand as I came from a Lumia 925. Apart from Windows I'd switch back to the Lumia! 
  • Karthikeya Sarma Karthikeya Sarma
     /  edited May 2019
    Even I am facing the same issue... and My phone is already a year and a old... I donno how much they are going to charge for this display repair.... this is quite disappointing for a flagship phone... pricing almost like Rs. 38000
  • hoc hoc
    ✭✭  / 
    BJ Hutton said:
    BJ Hutton said: I had the same issue - half screen static. 

    I have found the solution without repair nor data or cache loss, however maybe temporary. Do not reset the modular phone / device. 

    Put on a pair of disposable gloves and place the phone landscape on the table, nearby to edge. 

    Place palm of hand flat bedded on the centre of screen with fingers hanging over the side edge and apply allot of pressure, until fixed (focus on the middle to upper end of the device).

    The issue is the touchscreen connection to the device with all the heat and uneven use of pressure will cause it to dislodged.

    This is still a Product Manufacturer Fault, thus to adhesive use and lack of pressure brace or pins on modular device's.

    Repair is still available for consumers, as it is a known issue and brand responsibility.

    All device brands be Apple, Samsung, HTC and LG have had a similar issue.

    BJ Hutton
    POC Institute / Stryker's Lounge (YouTube) 

    #static
    So that can mean it's also Foxconn's responsibility since they are known to be contract manufacturer to various phone brands ?! 
  • Same here TA-1004 (Denmark)
  • redskua redskua
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Lumiacat said:
    mrbelter said:
    Which is great but anyone that recently bought a Nokia 8 should have already known it was EOL and the updates start from the day it came to market and not the day you bought it.
    Anyway I know it will never happen, as you said it's eol. I'm just disappointed as everyone else here for this issue and the poor regard that hmd is having. At the time I bought my Nokia 8 it was the only device to match the requirements I was looking for, plus I trusted the brand as I came from a Lumia 925. Apart from Windows I'd switch back to the Lumia! 
    ,,,,,,,,,,how i love my old Lumia 925, i still use it on W8.1, on occasions, when my untrustworthy N8 would fail
  • I had the same problem.
    The screen will change from warranty.
    However I had great disappointment.

    I don't want to use a repaired phone.
    I'd like to get the top model by giving more money.

  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I had the same problem.
    The screen will change from warranty.
    However I had great disappointment.

    I don't want to use a repaired phone.
    I'd like to get the top model by giving more money.

    Chances are you wont get a repair it will either be money back or a new Nokia 8.
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 2019
    Even I am facing the same issue... and My phone is already a year and a old... I donno how much they are going to charge for this display repair.... this is quite disappointing for a flagship phone... pricing almost like Rs. 38000
    It is looking more and more likely there are no official screens for the Nokia 8.

    Edit:

    Just so it doesn't look like i am pulling rubbish out of thin air:

    mrbelter said:
    Right guys an update.

    John Lewis have just rung me up and my Nokia 8 is unrepairable as (deep breath) no replacement screens are available so i have been issued a full refund.
  • Andrutzu Andrutzu
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello. I had the same issue with my Nokia 8. First time the left half went static and sometimes black. I filled a warranty form on Nokia website then I had to send the phone to Hungary to get repaired. They switched my TA-1012 with TA-1004. After getting a brand new phone 3 months later same issue. The home button got very hot and the touch would not work anymore or the display would show some dead pixels. By applying pressure on the home button area would fix the issue temporarily. Sent the phone in for repair they swapped the  phonet so I got a 3rd new phone. I think the issue lies when wearing tight jeans and applying to much pressure on the screen. I hope now this 3rd phone will last longer and I'm not longer using a screen protector only the case. Every time it took a week from sending until becoming the new device.
    I think Nokia or HMD knows this issue already and they swap the phones now until they will get out of warranty. I would like if they already fixed this issue. A new phone every time does not make me happier knowing every device has the same fault.
Sign In or Register to comment.