New forum login problem and mobile app bugs

Hello all, I can sign in to new forum using support app, but cannot pass sso login page from any available web browser (edge, chrome, firefox)

New forum login problem and mobile app bugs

naufrago naufrago ✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭  / 
Hello all,
I can sign in to new forum using support app, but cannot pass sso login page from any available web browser (edge, chrome, firefox)

It's ok to read forum from the app, but posting is problematic.
1- I cannot attach any photos from built-in browser of the app. When I click to choose photo/file page scrolls down to the bottom of page automatically.
2- Within the support app, if I somehow close keyboard it's very difficult to retrieve it back. Clicking the text area mostly doesn't work.
3- Within the support app, app crashes if I change screen orientation while typing.
I know forum is still beta, but it should be dealt with asap. 
Anyone else having similar problems or is it just me?

Comments

• madbilly madbilly ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    If your browser has blocked third-party cookies (or you're using very strict tracking protection_ then you need to add the sso domain to your exceptions list: https://hmdglobal-prod.eu.janrainsso.com

I don't use the support app for the forum, only Firefox. However, HMD should definitely test that the forum works on their support app before releasing it!
  • boblu boblu ✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Yes, app working same problem. 
  • naufrago naufrago ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    If your browser has blocked third-party cookies (or you're using very strict tracking protection_ then you need to add the sso domain to your exceptions list: https://hmdglobal-prod.eu.janrainsso.com

I don't use the support app for the forum, only Firefox. However, HMD should definitely test that the forum works on their support app before releasing it!
    Thank you @madbilly that resolves the problem on browser side. 
    Support app problems seem to be solved as well. Maybe they have updated server side. 
    This is the screenshot from last night. When I changed orientation app either crashed or displayed below, wierd issue  :D

w
  • naufrago naufrago ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Screen orientation still causes error.
    Here what happens:
    After launching forums within the app, a splash screen occurs (rotating book and gauge) then forum page comes up.
    If you rotate the phone anytime after logging in, above error page (HTTP 500) is displayed.

• arttuaa arttuaa ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    Thanks for the feedback! I'll make a fix for the next update.

• arttuaa arttuaa ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    Fix for the orientation issue has been released to play store. =)
  • naufrago naufrago ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    arttuaa said:
    Fix for the orientation issue has been released to play store. =)
    Wow, what a swift action 👏
    Checked, but the update is not published by Google yet.
    I'll test and let you know the result as soon as app is updated.
  • naufrago naufrago ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Dear @arttuaa,
    Many thanks. Update is available in play store now and it seems that orientation glitch is gone for good.

Image and file insert/upload within the app still not possible, but there is another thread in forum now. I'll follow-up that one.
  • madbilly madbilly ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Thanks @arttuaa :)
  • boblu boblu ✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hey new bug found....

It's eating high battery in nokia 3.
    Nokia support apps draining battery very fast ....

Thanks😊
  • madbilly madbilly ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    boblu said:
    Hey new bug found....

It's eating high battery in nokia 3.
    Nokia support apps draining battery very fast ....

Thanks😊
    @boblu I think you should contact support directly about this so they can get more details and pass them on to @arttuaa and the team at HMD: https://www.nokia.com/phones/locale/support