Emergency contact information deleted on phone restart

Every time I reset my phone the emergency contacts are deleted and I have to enter them again.

Emergency contact information deleted on phone restart

JohnPC JohnPC
✭✭  /  edited November 2018
Every time I reset my phone the emergency contacts are deleted and I have to enter them again. This has been the problem since the phone was new on Nougat so regular updates have not solved the issue. My emergency info is not affected only contact details 
Tagged:

Answers

• naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I'm pretty sure that I had emergency information was saved a few days ago. 
    Now I checked and see nothing in that section.
    I can recall google has updated phone app and contacts app recently. Maybe this problem is related with those apps.
  • abecedario abecedario
    ✭✭  / 
    In my phone emergency info, set months ago (maybe one year ago!), are still present as they should, so the issue isn't related to the phone and contacts app updated (TA-1004)
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    In the contacts app, make sure the contacts to be used for emergency info is in the active account (the selector at the top in the contacts app).
    And ...
    On a phone with multiple accounts for contacts, the emergency contact info is lost after a restart or soft reset if the active account in the contacts app is changed to a different account.

There may be more scenarios where this will happen, but I'm able to replicate the issue with a hosted Exchange account and a Gmail account.

I suggest report it to Google through Help and Feedback in the contacts app menu if you are affected by the issue.

--
    Hans