Is there really a need of a notch?

I am not a big fan of notches. I really hate it. Nokia 7.1 is good. But look at 7 plus. It's the second most beautiful smartphone after 8 sirocco.

Is there really a need of a notch?

lucifer lucifer
 /  edited November 2018
I am not a big fan of notches. I really hate it. Nokia 7.1 is good. But look at 7 plus. It's the second most beautiful smartphone after 8 sirocco. Notches make the phone ugly.

I thought Nokia as a genuine company. Following the trend of other smartphone companies? Is that what Nokia is meant to be?
 I want other companies to look up to Nokia. I really want Nokia to be the biggest and the best Smartphone company there is.

What do you guys think about it?

Best Answer

Answers

• mason mason
    Staff member  / 
    The device has a notch to deliver a fantastic cinematic screen experience as well as great RF performance.
  • lucifer lucifer
     /  edited November 2018
    @mason I thought notches are only for decreasing the bezel size. How does it help in RF performance and cinematic experience when the notch covers the screen? 
  • Absolutey notch Is not necessary, but you know that people speak more about what they gate. Notch is a phase during smartphone evolution, It Will end with bezel less display.
  • Having the notch allows the status bar to be moved up, leaving more screen for use by apps.
  • SixPointOnePlus SixPointOnePlus
     /  edited December 2018
    @gross rent, well-coded apps will hide the notification bar anyway until you tap or slide from the edge to bring it back, the same as with the on-screen buttons, so that's a false benefit.  However, thanks to Nokia using LCD technology, any notch-hiding looks wrong anyway because the backlight bleeds through and turns any blackened screen area grey.  Yuck.
  • SixPointOnePlus SixPointOnePlus
     /  edited December 2018
    mason said:
    The device has a notch to deliver a fantastic cinematic screen experience as well as great RF performance.
    What are you talking about?  The ears are blackened during video playback and there's no perceived benefit whatsoever to RF performance.  In fact, I have old phones that perform better in fringe areas and their bezels are huge.