My Camera is showing error and dismiss

My Camera is showing error and dismiss

user1509876072538 user1509876072538
 /  edited October 2018

Comments

• I have the same problem
  • bett95 bett95
    ✭✭  / 
    Could happen, try to delete app camera data and clean cache.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    I agree with @bett95, although I would suggest only delete cache first and see if that works. If it doesn't then also delete data.
  • Viv Viv
     /  edited December 2018
    bett95 said:
    Could happen, try to delete app camera data and clean cache.
    I have the same problem.
    If I delete data, shouldn't I restire data back for the camera to work?
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    I'm not sure what deleting the data does, I suggest you do a general internet search for "Android app delete data" and see what information you find about what it does.
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭✭  / 
    ''Data' in the camera app is resolution settings and preferences regarding whether to store location in pictures etc.

For this issue it's also relevant to ask if there's a camera app update installed from an unofficial source?
    - If so, the update should be uninstalled, it was removed from the official app store due to various issues.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Great point @user389 , unofficial updates or versions of official apps should definitely be removed.
  • Alexander Rietveld Alexander Rietveld
     /  edited December 2018
    Same problem for over half a year now...Nothing works, if I restart my phone I can make 1 photo, after that gives error again
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    If you have an SD card installed, you may want to backup all important files on it and format it in the phone. I've even had to do this twice before the lousy HMD camera app stopped crashing.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    I agree with @marsic , I recently had to remove and reseat the SD card after the last security update to allow my phone to write to it again. First try remove and reinsert, but if that doesn't work try formatting it.
  • redskua redskua
    ✭✭  / 
    ..have lost all external speakers, no notifications, no ring tones...nothing. Mic's are ok, can hold a ph conversation, but not on speaker. ....Nokia8....ideas ...anyone
  • redskua said:
    ..have lost all external speakers, no notifications, no ring tones...nothing. Mic's are ok, can hold a ph conversation, but not on speaker. ....Nokia8....ideas ...anyone
    Factory reset?
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
  • redskua redskua
    ✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    thanks buddy, will do that, will try fcty reset first, it is an import, they will turn me down
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    I don't think that support care where you bought your phone from do they? Anyway, at least you can try. Good luck :)
  • redskua redskua
    ✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    I don't think that support care where you bought your phone from do they? Anyway, at least you can try. Good luck :)
    ...have read elsewhere on here they reject any wty claim if the mod # does not match the country you from...thanks Billy