HMD, please bring the Series 40 back for feature phone!

We all love Series 40. It's simple, yet there's just a lot you can do for a feature phone OS.

HMD, please bring the Series 40 back for feature phone!

Wade Wilson Wade Wilson
✭✭  / 
We all love Series 40. It's simple, yet there's just a lot you can do for a feature phone OS. We got all the essentials, like custom themes, a wide array of web browsers, lag-free experience, and app support. Hopefully, HMD can bring the Series 40 back with some modern refinements. The current Series 30+, Smart Feature OS, and KaiOS are not as good as the Series 40. The KaiOS even lags, which is not a problem of Series 40. I just booted up my old Nokia C1-01 and Nokia C1-02 and I was like surprised my apps are still working fine. I can even find some cool J2ME apps online that works great, Sims and Monopoly were just some of those games that still works. The Google Map also still works fine, and even shows me live traffic. The KaiOS on the Nokia 8110 4G, on the other hand, is just a headache. 

Comments

• megan megan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hello Wade, Thank you for joining our Nokia Community and for your feedback. 
  • zlutor zlutor
    ✭✭  / 
    what about using SailfishOS instead? it was tailored for feature phones:
  • Wade Wilson Wade Wilson
    ✭✭  / 
    zlutor said:
    what about using SailfishOS instead? it was tailored for feature phones:
    I would buy the idea, but HMD never really optimize their feature phone software to work well with their hardware. KaiOS, just like Firefox OS, can work just fine in low RAM configuration. However, when it is not optimized to work very well to the available components, it will start to lag. That is the problem of the Nokia 8810 4G. Not a good behavior of a feature phone. Sailfish OS is a bit heavy, and while it looks like it works just fine on the 3310, it never really demonstrate the real-life performance. We just need optimization. 
  • hdisowjdj3838 hdisowjdj3838
    ✭✭✭  / 
    That would be awesome! Would definitely buy one just for the sake of it :p
  • opadnok opadnok
    ✭✭  /  edited January 18

I totally agree for the return of Nokia Series 40 for the feature phones! It was a very fast and reliable OS, and it put Nokia on the map!

Nokia made very good, classy, and quality phones with Series 40! Amongst them were the Nokia 6230, 6230i, 6233, 6500 slide, 6267, 7250i, 7200, 7390, and a lot more!

It must come and replace the Series 30+ OS

HMD, please consider seriously to revive Series 40 OS! It will boost feature phones sales very much, and most of all, it will help develop very advanced feature phones that will sell like hot cakes!

• I agree to your suggestion. The series 30 is the best for Nokia feature phones . And it also has a tons of apps thats why I love my feature phones running S40. S30 is CRAP Honestly.

• Alpana Alpana
    ✭✭  / 

Yes, I agree as well. ✔️

Hey HMD, you should surely think about bringing back Nokia Series 40 software. 🤔

Symbian remains to be the legacy of Nokia phones. Actually, the old Nokia Corporation phones before sale to Microsoft, approximately all were Symbian.📲

And Nokia phone wing was sold to Microsoft only because of debut of Android and non-renewal of Symbian. 📱

And that is why HMD GLOBAL took birth. 🎂

So, you should bring back S40 and why only S40, you can think about S60 also. ✌️

SYMBIAN IS THE LEGACY OF NOKIA... 😀😃😄😁

You could also think about "buying open-source" Symbian and develop it further as Symbian can only save the future existence of feature phones which used to be the flag-bearers of NOKIA.🙄

I remember Anna and Belle were in the works. 😜

THIS IS AN OPEN LETTER TO HMD GLOBAL FROM A DIE-HEART 💖 NOKIA FAN...

• DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  / 

I want meego back

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

That's still around in the form of Sailfish OS. 😊

It would be amazing to see a Nokia phone that can run SFOS just like some Xperias do. 😁

• DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  / 

I know . I have Xperia X with sailfish os but it is nothing like software experience of n9

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Things change fast and it is now Sailfish OS. We can't get Meego back but maybe if SFOS supports custom icons and themes then you can make it looks like a MeeGo OS. 😊