Has Anyone Received December Security Patch Update

Hi, Support told me last night that the December Security Patch Update for Nokia 8 is now available in some regions and I doubt that.

Has Anyone Received December Security Patch Update

conqueror conqueror
✭✭✭  /  edited December 2017
Hi, Support told me last night that the December Security Patch Update for Nokia 8 is now available in some regions and I doubt that. Has anyone received the Update?

Comments

• user1507208628483 user1507208628483
    No sign of it for me here in the UK, my phone is sim free so any updates shouldn't be held up by any network operators.
  • gemini75 gemini75
    Nope. Still on November patch and no Oreo. Got the SIM free phone and only way to get Oreo is to use a vpn
  • conqueror conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Ok @user1507208628483 I doubted it when support said its available to some regions because I was unable to receive it even when connected to VPN
  • conqueror conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @GEMINI75 serious? Use VPN and download the Oreo.. I received the Oreo stable version the day it was announced in Nigeria but anxiously waiting for the December Security Patch update...
  • gemini75 gemini75
    Yeah seriously
  • conqueror conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @GEMINI75 why not use VPN to download it?
  • gemini75 gemini75
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @conqueror I did with my nokia 8 which I had to return due to a fault in it but I found in a couple of days of downloading Oreo using the trick to remove SIM card clear Google services etc etc that my SIM card would not allow me to send texts and the service number had screwed up and would not change so BT sent a new SIM card. I did try it again with my new Nokia 8 but found it strange because when I put my SIM in during the Oreo download that it killed the download and then Oreo isn't available
  • ian ian
     / 

I haven't, living in Belgium

• gemini75 gemini75
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I'm sure it goes by build numbers as Nokia have stated this a few times and that's why the release of Oreo is staggered due to overload on there server
  • Qball Qball
     / 

Just got the December OTA update here in the Netherlands.

• gemini75 gemini75
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia are a joke getting
  • Qball Qball
     / 

Joke? HMD is doing a great job! Quick Oreo update, monthly updates!

Love it haha.

• Wildfire Wildfire
     /  edited December 2017
    I can confirm, I'm downloading the December patch atm
  • Sorry I forgot, in Germany
  • gemini75 gemini75
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Really considering returning to oneplus with the ease of regular updates
  • koroki koroki
     / 

Same here, I just receive the notification of the December security update for Oreo. 

• سلام وقتتون بخیر در ایران چرا بروزرسانی نوکیا 6«1003دانلود نمیشه لطفاً راهنمایی کنید.
  • conqueror conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I'm yet to receive mine
  • Poland, the update is not available 

• AnkaH AnkaH
     / 
    I'm just downloading - Poland 
  • No update so far (Germany)

• Today I've got december security update, but sill NO OREO!! :/ C'mon, Nokia...! :(

• Steel Steel
     / 
    Guys who just got the December patch plz give some more details about the update. My November Oreo is not perfectly stable, still crashes sometimes in game.
  • sotosev sotosev
    ✭✭  / 

I live in Greece and recieve December security update 19/12 mid day.

• barros barros
     / 
    Still no December update nor Oreo in Portugal for my Nokia 8.
  • ian ian
     / 

Just got it in belgium :-)

• It's started rolling out in the UK now as well, just received it on my sim free Nokia 8.
  • gemini75 gemini75
    Got December patch here in UK but no Oreo. Used opera vpn removed SIM cleared services and connected to German server then December patch download.
  • keith keith
    ✭✭✭  / 
    My Sim free UK Nokia 8 got the December update on the 18/12/17 but my daughters hasn't. She hasn't got the Oreo update either.
  • guru guru
     / 
    Downloading now. India. Oreo.

Google Security Patch 2017-12
Prev1