No November update for Nokia 7 Plus

It seems Nokia has forgotten their promise about providing the monthly security updates on time.

No November update for Nokia 7 Plus

It seems Nokia has forgotten their promise about providing the monthly security updates on time. They did that to capture their market which they lost before and now their playing tricks with their customer."no monthly security updates on time¨, ¨battery drains faster on Nokia 7 Plus after Pie update¨.......they do not even bother to fix it. Come on NOKIA!...take the lesson from ONE PLUS & APPLE. SHAME ON YOU

Comments

• wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Simple. .. as they are busy now... to bring more phones.. more marketing. This actually is making delay on fixes as well as update. A dedicated camera team is really required for constant improvement of @Zeiss powered exclusive Nokia cameras. Misss u Juha Alakarhu. 
  • aniket thakur aniket thakur
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Why the security patches are delayed after the release of pie? These security patches are meant to fix things and secure the phone,what is the point in having them in the last of the month when the damage maybe done already Is it very difficult to integrate patches in pie ?
    Nokia disappoints us again as now it will be released at November end now 😐
  • kd5379 kd5379
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hey bro you forgot Nokia 7 plus was the first device in its lineup to get the pie update you will definitely get the november patch in these coming 2-3 days
  • ...Perhaps they're working on fixing some of the UI glitches in this patch...
  • kd5379 kd5379
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I am in the UK and the Nokia 7 Plus is stuck on Android 8.1 here.
    You might get it along with the November's security patch
  • Have we been conned in the UK very disappointing if we have
  • I'm optimistic they will provide update at the latest on December and fix everything on Pie. 
  • kd5379 kd5379
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Still the face unlock feature which was promised also not provided. 
    Also the security patches are getting delivered at the month end

Hey bro for face unlock let me tell you it's not that secure as pin and fingerprint until dedicated hardware which is currently been used by iPhone and poco phone . Recently HMD raised face unlock patent but unfortunately it was rejected. I am not aware whether it's coming or not. But have a belief HMD will keep thier promise. Lastly for updates let me tell you atleast HMD is delivering the updates unlike other OEMs I have seen worst.
  • I'm in UK and I have Pie since the 8th of October...My girlfriend had Pie on its Nokia 6.1 around the 20th of October. Or we are both lucky or something is wrong with your phone...also some carriers just lock updates. They will say no if you ask but in the past I had to swap SIM from time to time to get my regular updates...
  • picek picek
     / 
    Hi, 

I read about newest android possible for 7 plus, so I look at my system wersion. So last security update was at 1'st of august, and phone says it's cool and up to date. It might have something to do with the fact, that my sim card if frok UK network, and I'm not in there right now. What can I do to update it somehow? Is it it  possible with roaming? Updates are enabled on wifi of course. 

Piotr
  • It does not make sense that we are almost at the end of November and still have not released a security update, it is unprofessional behavior and it is not fair to users.
  • mehtasameer2087 mehtasameer2087
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I disagree to the fact that security patches are delayed because of the fixes ,is it written in Bible or some any other holy grail that fixes and security patches have to come once a month ,why can't fixes roll out separately,are they not aware of the issues that's longing for so long ,I mean still the front cam performance is like a 5mp camera no improvement on tbat,so what fixes are they doing ,
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I must say in this department xaiomi is much better never had a single issue which could hamper the device basic hardware performance,I know it's still China junk and slow but OS related issues are next to none,that's one thing commendable,what this means is either Nokia doesn't have accounted people or they lack in QC for testing OS
    ✭✭✭  / 
    That proximity sensor issue of always on still comes up time to time ,where I have to restart the phone to get it sorted ,wtf..
    ✭✭✭  / 
    And please don't say it takes time and charges to roll out software Nokia is charging a heavy premium for there brand name 
  • I getting issue with N7+ it getting freeze for some time and also some apps are creshing regularly.
  • I have been facing issue while connecting hidden wifi and camera is a bit faded in quality it doesn't seems as good as in video and there's no face unlock.please help me with this in new security update of nov and please inform when will November security update comes?.
    Over all the model is perfect i love this one.
  • aniket thakur aniket thakur
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Why the security patches are delayed after the release of pie? These security patches are meant to fix things and secure the phone,what is the point in having them in the last of the month when the damage maybe done already Is it very difficult to integrate patches in pie ?
    Nokia disappoints us again as now it will be released at November end now 😐
  • diogenes diogenes
    ✭✭  / 
    You'll never get any fixes or Firmware/UI updates with the Security Updates. These are two different things.
  • Good News! Nokia 7 Plus (T-1046) has started receiving new software update with November security patch

• So Nokia 7 Plus got the security update and then the update got rolled back within minutes. 
  • Guys! Nokia 7 Plus (T-1046) has started receiving the November 2018 security update 5 minutes ago