Faster updates and device fragmentation.

I have a Nokia 7.1 and I'm still waiting on an update to pie.

Faster updates and device fragmentation.

I have a Nokia 7.1 and I'm still waiting on an update to pie. I dont think this would be an issue if HMD had fewer devices in its lineup for developers to update. Why do t they just do one low end phone, one midranger and a flagship? Quality over quantity.

Comments

• stipe1906 stipe1906
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hi, Pie should start hitting the 7.1 by the end of the month (so they said). It might take an extra month until all units get it.
    Basically, HMD makes a lot of phones to satisfy different price points in different market. Nokia was historically strong in every price point, and different markets prefer different phones, so they try to cover everything. That might be (or become) problematic for updating all phones, but they are doing a good job in comparison to other companies in terms of updates
  • That is true, I appreciate that. I am experiencing buggy software though. Camera app always crashes with beauty mode turned on at the moment.
  • stipe1906 stipe1906
    ✭✭✭  / 
    That is true, I appreciate that. I am experiencing buggy software though. Camera app always crashes with beauty mode turned on at the moment.
    Sorry to hear that. A thing that helped me deal with some problems in Nokia 8's camera app was to longpress the camera app icon, go to "app info" and "disable" and then "enable" the app. The bothie mode was crashing every time I tried to access it, and that helped.