OZO Focus and OZO Zoom

When is the OZO Focus and OZO Zoom technology coming to Nokia devices?

OZO Focus and OZO Zoom

When is the OZO Focus and OZO Zoom technology coming to Nokia devices? If yes then will it be supported to currently released devices which are featuring OZO audio chipset ? 
Very eager and excited to experience it 
If its supported then it will be really a bang.

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Good question. I think that OZO Focus needs three microphones, so is available on the 8, Sirocco (I think) and 9PV.
    OZO Zoom needs four microphones, which no HMD phones have yet. I am very surprised that they didn't provide this on the 9PV, so I hope it's on their next premium model.
    Cheers :)
  • KhalidShaikh5379 KhalidShaikh5379
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @madbilly even Nokia 7 plus got 3 microphones. I wish they could push such update in near future. Afterall i guess it's just a software tweek
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @KhalidShaikh5379, thanks for the clarification, I didn't know the 7+ has 3 microphones. Can it do OZO Focus then? I think the 8.1 has only two microphones, which is strange considering it's meant to be a successor to the 7+.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @madbilly Yeah its very strange for Nokia 8.1. Unfortunately the 7 Plus has not got ozo focus yet . I wish they release it.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @madbilly I have heard that oppo Reno has been introduced with Nokia OZO technology. It has got Nokia spatial audio capture and Audio zoom.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yes The OPPO Reno will have OZO Audio. It only has three mics but I think it can do OZO Zoom and Focus, so I was obviously wrong about needing 4 mics for Zoom. I think 4 mics means the phone can record full 3D sound, not only 360 degrees.
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 24
    madbilly said:
    Yes The OPPO Reno will have OZO Audio. It only has three mics but I think it can do OZO Zoom and Focus, so I was obviously wrong about needing 4 mics for Zoom. I think 4 mics means the phone can record full 3D sound, not only 360 degrees.
    I think it will be a shame if OPPO manages to implement these OZO features better than any other Nokia phones. And, of course OZO Zoom and Focus landing first on OPPO devices will be a little unsettling.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    I think it will be a shame if OPPO manages to implement these OZO features better than any other Nokia phones. And, of course OZO Zoom and Focus landing first on OPPO devices will be a little unsettling.

Yeah man it's a bit disappointment
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I made a mistake before, I think Nokia 8 has OZO zoom and focus, probably other Nokia phones too. Phew! :D
    As for full 3D surround sound, that needs 4 mics and so far no phone has implemented it AFAIK.