Software version 13.00.17.01 now available!

Thanks to a friend at my Nokia 8110 4G Facebook page who informed me of this news today, I have just minutes ago, successfully downloaded and installed the above version and have not even checked what improvements have been done.

Software version 13.00.17.01 now available!

abbas abbas
 /  edited November 2018
Thanks to a friend at my Nokia 8110 4G Facebook page who informed me of this news today, I have just minutes ago, successfully downloaded and installed the above version and have not even checked what improvements have been done. And like I said before, I was hoping such information to come out from either from Nokia or KaiOS Technologies but nothing.

Comments

• keith keith
    **  / 
    Reports say that there is no fixes for adding words to the dictionary or blocking nuisance calls. The download size is only around 25mb so shouldn't expect too much. 
  • keith keith
    **  / 
    Still not available in the UK. 
  • Still not available in India
  • keith keith
    **  / 
    This could go on for months. Some phones are still on 10.00. xx.  
  • abbas abbas
     /  edited November 2018
    FYI, under Settings/Device/Device Information/More Information, details are as follows:

OS Version ~ 2.5
    Hardware revision ~ qcom
    MAC Address ~
    IMEI ~
    Build Number ~ 13.00.17.01
    ICCID ~
    Platform Version ~  48.0a2 (Firefox Browser)
    Build Identifier ~
    Update Channel ~default
    Bluetooth Address ~

From www.whatsmybrowser.org, my full user agent string is:

Mozilla/5.0 (Mobile)
    Nokia 8110 4G rv 48.0
    Gecko/ 48.0 Firefox/ 48.0
    KaiOS/ 2.5

• I was hoping that whatsapp would be added.
    Is there whatsapp for nokia 8110 4G?
  • abbas abbas
     /  edited November 2018
    user1543354367942
    Officially here is none for Nokia 8110 4G but the fact that it is already available on KaiOS Jiophones means its workable so there must be unresolved policy/business issues between WhatsApp and KaiOS or Nokia. I don't see any other reason.

• eskerahn eskerahn
     /  edited November 2018
    Available to Denmark - downloaded... (25.85MB, so rather small - took 'forever' to download none the less)

Adds Twitter to the uninstallable bloat. Unwanted games can STILL not be uninstalled.... :-1:

The store is up from one to four utilities, so at the least it is getting more offerings - not that they are very interesting though, but we have to set the bar low!!!! So we must pretend to be happy for a QR reader....
  • abbas said:
    user1543354367942
    Officially here is none for Nokia 8110 4G but the fact that it is already available on KaiOS Jiophones means its workable so there must be unresolved policy/business issues between WhatsApp and KaiOS or Nokia. I don't see any other reason.

I saw on GSMArena someone giving the explanation. The WhatsApp for JIO is not a 'plain' KaiOS app, but something tailored to the JIOphones, So it is not directly installable on other KaiOS devices (Read: 81104G), an hence it is a bit more than just policy
  • Still not available in the Philippines.
  • keith keith
    **  / 
    Still not available in the UK either
  • keith keith
    **  / 
    Just released in the UK. 
  • eskerahn said:
    abbas said:
    user1543354367942

I saw on GSMArena someone giving the explanation. The WhatsApp for JIO is not a 'plain' KaiOS app, but something tailored to the JIOphones, So it is not directly installable on other KaiOS devices (Read: 81104G), an hence it is a bit more than just policy
    Not quite, if you have a indian number and jailbreak the 81104G you can sideload the JioPhone version and apparently it works.
  • fssdafdsfsdfs

Someone from Bangladesh told me he manage to jailbreak the Nokia 8110 4G and could install WhatsApp like what you mentioned but that jailbreak technique does not allow him to do the normal update. He's having trouble with that and is trying he's best to unjailbreak it but it's not easy.
  • eskerahn said:
    abbas said:
    user1543354367942

Not quite, if you have a indian number and jailbreak the 81104G you can sideload the JioPhone version and apparently it works.
    How do you sideload it? 
  • abbas, there is a new jailbreak method that apparently doesn't stop updates, it just lets you sideload apps. ( i haven't tested the update with my phone)

jkelol111 
    With JBStore
  • fssdafdsfsdfs
    No Thanks. I'll ony go for jailbreaks if I had developer know-how

• Hello everybody,

I live in Germany and have a German phone stuck on 12.00.17.06. Any chance to get this update on cable? OTA tool does not find any updates available!

Best regards
  • I am jailbreak my Nokia 8110 4g and after installing whatsapp unjailbreaked
    now i am on v13 with whatsapp,official KaiOS file manager , and a facebook app that i made works fine
  • we managed to run whatsapp for all kaios devices
    and all country/region 
  • How about being able to customise the Notice Alert tones like you can with the Ringtones. Simple thing that should be allowed.
  • Prak6630 said:
    Hello everybody,

I live in Germany and have a German phone stuck on 12.00.17.06. Any chance to get this update on cable? OTA tool does not find any updates available!

Best regards
    I reply myself, just updated the phone this week.

A little faster and wifi passwords are not forgotten all the time. Bluetooth pairing does work and bothers me a lot. Any tips to get it to pair and work...?
  • Rtk19 Rtk19
     / 
    Is it possible to update manually? My phone is on v11 amdtere are no updates
  • Rtk19 said:
    Is it possible to update manually? My phone is on v11 amdtere are no updates
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/bananahackers/LMHvXQ4V13s
    this might help you
  • Why no update for 8110 in India? My phone on sv 10 still, no update option. Nokia is indifferent to 8110 users in India. So sad.
  • Hi guys, I got this phone but not from authorized reseller; It not have "KAI STORE" option in menu, how can and don't connect to PC successfully!
    Could you help me gentleman to find a way..
    Is there any software (some like PC SUITE) for connecting PC!?
    Could anyone send me file of version 13.00.17.01 to update by SD-Card..
    Thank you!
  • araz17m araz17m
    **  / 
    Hi guys, I got this phone but not from authorized reseller; It not have "KAI STORE" option in menu, how can and don't connect to PC successfully!
    Could you help me gentleman to find a way..
    Is there any software (some like PC SUITE) for connecting PC!?
    Could anyone send me file of version 13.00.17.01 to update by SD-Card..
    Thank you!
    You can turn on PC Connectivity in the Settings.

Settings > Storage > USB Storage > Enable

Hope that this could help.