Notifications aren't turning on screen

I just got the Nokia 8 and Oreo was pre-installed.

Notifications aren't turning on screen

user1513699899878 user1513699899878
 /  edited December 2017

I just got the Nokia 8 and Oreo was pre-installed. I'm loving the phone, but I was a little disappointed that the screen doesn't light up when I receive and e-mail, message, or any other notification. I thought maybe a setting was off, but after some research and some discussion on the Nokia 8 subreddit, it seems that the Nokia 8 does turn on the screen for notifications but not on Oreo.

Is this a bug? Or has the feature been taken out? Can anyone help me with this?

Comments

• I am missing the screen light up as well. Glance does not work for me at all, because I use Google Inbox as default mail app and Signal as default SMS. If I would use Glance at all it would need shortcuts to apps like whatsapp, twitter, instagram etc. 

I truly hope this will be fixed with an update to android 8.1. Currently I feel a bit handicapped with a great phone, but no notifications, except for the BUZZ.

• Kelvin Lo Kelvin Lo
     /  edited December 2017

My one also doesn't light up when I receive and e-mail, message, or any other notification.

BTW, what is the manufacturing date of your Oero pre-installed Nokia 8? Is still have the NFC issue or not (difficult to read passive NFC card, like transportation card)?

• Heyla, 

I do not think there is a manufacturing date anywhere. My Nokia was not Oreo pre-installed. It updated to Oreo when I installed.

gRTz Ben