Lift to check phone is greyed out, the phone is always showing ambient display

The lift to check phone option is greyed out for me and the screen is constantly on ambient display when its locked even though there are no new notifications.

Lift to check phone is greyed out, the phone is always showing ambient display

The lift to check phone option is greyed out for me and the screen is constantly on ambient display when its locked even though there are no new notifications. i have already tried force restart and safe mode boot but the problem is still there. This wasn't happening till a day ago.

Comments

• nitheesh nitheesh
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    You need to enable the System UI Tuner. Unfortunately, there is no option to enable in Pie. So you need to install one third-party app named QuickShortcutMaker (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sika524.android.quickshortcut) and flow these steps:

1. Open the app and search System UI, then click on System UI demo mode

2. Click on Try to open the System UI Tuner

3. Click on Ambient Display

4. Then Disable the Always on

• nitheesh nitheesh
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    I hope, this will help to fix your problem.
  • Thank you, it worked perfectly on Nokia 5 Pie update!
  • Thanks...I'm facing this problem from last 2 months. Finally got the solution. Thanks once again. 
  • TAN T TAN T
    ✭✭  / 
    nitheesh said:
    You need to enable the System UI Tuner. Unfortunately, there is no option to enable in Pie. So you need to install one third-party app named QuickShortcutMaker (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sika524.android.quickshortcut) and flow these steps:

1. Open the app and search System UI, then click on System UI demo mode

2. Click on Try to open the System UI Tuner

3. Click on Ambient Display

4. Then Disable the Always on

You are a God I had almost lost hope And I was about to factory reset my phone in anger but your trick helped me , thanks