Still no Oreo.

So apparently HMD Global still did not update the phone for all regions according to their probably outsourced support and they cannot provide any estimate for it.

Still no Oreo.

user1513798392392 user1513798392392
 /  edited December 2017
So apparently HMD Global still did not update the phone for all regions according to their probably outsourced support and they cannot provide any estimate for it. I really tried to wait and give them a chance but over a month late and not even an estimate? That a little to much for me.

Comments

• gemini75 gemini75
    ✭✭✭  /  edited December 2017
    Same here and what is so funny is that they say your network provider tests it as well. I asked BT mobile who I have my SIM card from and they said they don't test any firmware and that Nokia support are talking utter rubbish and need to get there act together
  • Derekrs Derekrs
     /  edited December 2017
    Hi I have a BT sim in my Nokia 8. I received Oreo very shortly after the public release was announced and the December security update arrived yesterday. I did nothing to initiate these updates, they simply arrived. I can only conclude from this is that the updates are made available in waves and yours will arrive in due course.
  • gemini75 gemini75
    Decided to reset my phone. I originally set up my Nokia 8 without a sim card but this time i noticed it had installed an EE app and look out antivirus which i uninstalled. Still got December patch but waiting on oreo so hourl hopefully get the update soon
  • user1512677559203 user1512677559203
     /  edited December 2017
    I've had a replacement phone due to headphone jack issues.
    Old phone got Oreo straight away after going through all the various security updates first.

Replacement phone been waiting for it for 2 days...same SIM card, same accounts, same everything. So, yes they are at it. Should have it as it nothing to do with my Network.
  • user1513933575271 user1513933575271
     /  edited December 2017
    I have just bought my Nokia 8. No Oreo update at all yet which is disappointing. I have received up to Nov patch. I thought my one plus 2 was bad for updates but it had the Nov security patch on android 6... What's more annoying is that this update is sat out there in the ether just waiting to be pushed out. Some have it some don't and that's the frustrating part.
  • gemini75 gemini75
    At this rate UK will be out of Europe before we get Oreo haha
     /  edited December 2017
    I'm most annoyed by the fact I HAD it on my previous phone that got replaced by this one. Exact same SIM card, so same network, region, settings ect ect and they just have no real answer as to why I don't have it. "Just keep checking..."

I came from OnePlus with a OnePlus 2 so was used to crap customer service so was expecting better, have been pretty disappointed so far it has to be said. At least with OnePlus by now I'd have a direct link to download to install it myself from them if I wanted but Nokia aren't giving us that option either
    At least
  • gemini75 gemini75
    I miss being with oneplus having the ability to download and install the OS. I have the same issue. Returned a Nokia 8 with Oreo but still waiting for it with this one. Nokia support are the worst I have ever come across. My favourite bullcrapp answer is that my network provider tests the OS. BT mobile said Nokia are taking utter rubbish as they do not touch the OS
     /  edited December 2017
    Yes, was put off One Plus by their lies and broken promises. Lack of fixes and updates.

HMD/Nokia are new at this so will get a bit of leeway to start with but have to admit I'm not very happy so far and have my worries
  • gemini75 gemini75
    And still waiting ???? Not much of a community of there is know one to give answers to anything. Pointless community to be honest
  • remuallan remuallan
     /  edited December 2017

Sent mine back and got a HTC U11.

Shame cos I really liked the Nokia 8 - but after the Oreo Update broke Google Inbox notifications and I realised there was no easy way to rollback...

/  edited December 2017
    I have had a gander at some other threads and that Anna moderator has replied to ppl and took their IMEI number to try and sort it out for them and things like that.

This Nokia 8 Group and it's threads are obviously not worthy of attention of someone who can do something
  • gemini75 gemini75
    I've contacted Nokia and they said they can do nothing and cannot push the update with IMEI. No one has offered to take my IMEI to look into it as still no 8.0 but had it on a returned Nokia 8
  • Dennis Dennis
     / 
    TA - 1004 Vodafone Italy...No December Patch and No Oreo
     /  edited December 2017
    They really do need to learn the good lessons from what One Plus done and then not screw up on the promises and timescales like One Plus did.

There's only so much "living off your past name" you get away with. I think this phone has potential, just not convinced so far that they'll deliver that potential...hope I'm proved wrong