Adaptive Battery ?

After my Nokia 6.1 updated to Android 9, I get an error message "need to set overlay for config_enableAutoPowerModes"

Adaptive Battery ?

After my Nokia 6.1 updated to Android 9, I get an error message

"need to set overlay for config_enableAutoPowerModes"

and the battery drains fast, waaaaaay fast .....

Anyone else have this same issue?

Tagged:

Comments

• Akks Akks
    ✭✭  / 
    It's a known bug since the update. 
    Probably next maintenance release fix it. Recieved November security patch update today. 
    No bugs fixed.
  • perform a hard reset 
  • I already did a Factory Reset, did not work, is not the same as Hard Reset?
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭  / 

After my Nokia 6.1 updated to Android 9, I get an error message

"need to set overlay for config_enableAutoPowerModes"

and the battery drains fast, waaaaaay fast .....

Anyone else have this same issue?

This is an alert, please start you phone in safe mode and see if battery drains fast.  If not it's an app you downloaded causing the issue 

Safe mode hold power button till menu pops up and long press and hold power off screen button.

-jason
  • srvks srvks
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    perform a hard reset No it didnt work sorry.

• srvks srvks
    ✭✭  / 
    As Alejandro mentioned the error, the problem is the restrictive battery can no more stop apps working in the background which was done in Oreo. I use greenify to do so.
  • d-mi d-mi
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It's a bug and you can't do anything about it until it's fixed via OTA. For better battery life turn off adaptive brightness (it's also buggy), NFC you'll definitely see improvement.
  • I am getting a pop up in android pie when I open background activity cleaner that says

" need to set overlay for config_enableAutoPowerModes "

• I am getting a pop up in android pie when I open background activity cleaner that says

" need to set overlay for config_enableAutoPowerModes "

when will the bug get fixed ?

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    The adaptive battery function works on apps I have turned it on for.  I also don't see huge battery drain.  I suggest you look closely at the battery usage of apps you have installed

-jason 
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    This error is seen on every user after pie update even reset device after pie.Still not got information about this issue.
  • I uninstalled / re-installed the handful of apps I have, now restrictive battery seems to work, still pops the same message each time you put an app in the list, but no battery frenzy, so, I guess just wait for an update.

I wonder thou, if all Android One phones are having this issue, or only Nokia's, since restrictive battery feature is found only on Nokia.
  • I just want to know if the issue is resolved  "need to set overlay for config_enableAutoPowerModes"
  • Mahmoud Goda Mahmoud Goda
    ✭✭  / 
    This problem it is not solved yet 
    We need to find a solution for that
  • Eslam Shika Eslam Shika
    ✭✭  / 
    حد حلها يا جماعه دا انا عملت ضبط مصنع ومافيش فائده
  • Mahmoud Goda Mahmoud Goda
    ✭✭  / 
    حد حلها يا جماعه دا انا عملت ضبط مصنع ومافيش فائده
    We need update to fix that ASAP
    I can't prevent the apps to running in the background