No update

I bought Nokia 5.1 it has Oreo 8.0 but all other Nokia android phones got Android 8.1 

No update

Adil Abdul Adil Abdul
✭✭  / 
I bought Nokia 5.1 it has Oreo 8.0 but all other Nokia android phones got Android 8.1 
Tagged:

Comments

• notiz notiz
    ✭✭✭  / 
    HMD will probably skip android 8.1 for Nokia 5.1 and it will receive Android pie alongside with 5.1 plus instead. 
  • When will come pie update to Nokia 5.1
  • notiz notiz
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Pie will probably be released later this month.
  • When will come pie update to Nokia 5.1
    # Next week ( 11-16 March ). 
  • Kustu Kustu
    ✭✭  / 
    When will come pie update to Nokia 5.1
    Is that confirmed info?
  • Kustu said:
    When will come pie update to Nokia 5.1
    Is that confirmed info?

Yeah, I got some information. Now if they make a delay, it's not my fault.
  • ############## ANDROID PIE // NOKIA, Q1 (Confirmed info) ##############
    -> Nokia 5.1 (11-16 March)
    -> Nokia 3.1 (25-30 March).
    ###################################################
  • notiz notiz
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hope your info is correct 👍 
  • Kustu Kustu
    ✭✭  / 
    I hope you are right mate! 👍
  • zondajag zondajag
     /  edited March 12
    So for one thing Nokia's update release announcements don't mean all phones will get the update that day or even close. The Nokia 3.1 Plus we have in the UK is still waiting for the Pie OTA despite being announced on the 26th Feb. Everyone I know in the UK with Nokia phones has had to do a factory reset and using a VPN to get the Pie OTA updates, which is sad. Even if the 5.1 gets the announcement in a few days I will have probably moved onto another phone (*cough* Pixel). I had high hopes of Nokia bringing us Nexus successors but it just looks like we are getting a lot of empty promises and Twitter posts that reek of vaporware
  • notiz notiz
    ✭✭✭  / 
    User 1542310895687.
    Your info seems to be reversed,
     Nokia 3.1 update (11-16 March) and
     Nokia 5.1 update (25-30 March).
    3.1 update was released today
  • Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    notiz said:
    User 1542310895687.
    Your info seems to be reversed,
     Nokia 3.1 update (11-16 March) and
     Nokia 5.1 update (25-30 March).
    3.1 update was released today
    Yes it's happened already
  • Dim Dim
    ✭✭  /  edited March 15
    Hi) so today or tomorrow is it a worldwide update Android Pie  nokia 3.1 plus?
  • Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    zondajag said:
    So for one thing Nokia's update release announcements don't mean all phones will get the update that day or even close. The Nokia 3.1 Plus we have in the UK is still waiting for the Pie OTA despite being announced on the 26th Feb. Everyone I know in the UK with Nokia phones has had to do a factory reset and using a VPN to get the Pie OTA updates, which is sad. Even if the 5.1 gets the announcement in a few days I will have probably moved onto another phone (*cough* Pixel). I had high hopes of Nokia bringing us Nexus successors but it just looks like we are getting a lot of empty promises and Twitter posts that reek of vaporware
    I mate, "there is many complicated process & schedules for operator approvals for testing the network comparability , so u are getting these updates lately", juho sarvikas said in a tweet
  • Network compatibility is managed by Google's Carrier Services app isn't it? It would be ridiculous if every network of a country had to give sign off for every update to every device. They would theoretically have less incentive to allow updates given it might stop someone buying an upgrade from them. Maybe I'm being cynical :smiley:
  • notiz notiz
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Operator approval doesn't apply with every carrier, only with those carriers that sell operator locked phone's.
     The operator has nothing to do with update releases unless you own a carrier/operator locked phone. 
  • The Nokia 3.1 Plus phone I have in my possession isn't carrier locked in any way so perhaps Nokia my have halted they're rollout of Pie while they address the issues people have been having. Of course since that causes bad publicity they wouldn't want to be transparent about that. HMD Global/Nokia can you kindly confirm or deny any points raised in this thread?
  • Updates are not released at the same time in all regions, I'm in the UK and have a generic unlocked 3.1, no pie update here yet either, but it won't be long.
  • Dave B said:
    Updates are not released at the same time in all regions, I'm in the UK and have a generic unlocked 3.1, no pie update here yet either, but it won't be long.
    Use this [ https://nokiapoweruser.com/you-can-force-pie-recent-updates-on-nokia-smartphones-using-vpn-trick/ ]
    Thx me later.