Nokia 3/3.1 if compatible with notebook Windows XP sp2

Hello, since I can't contact the technical support, I'd like to kindly ask you whether Nokia 3 or 3.1 is compatible with a notebook running Windows XP Service Pack 2, INCLUDING TETHERING.

Nokia 3/3.1 if compatible with notebook Windows XP sp2

AldoN AldoN
✭✭  / 
Hello,

since I can't contact the technical support, I'd like to kindly ask you whether Nokia 3 or 3.1 is compatible with a notebook running Windows XP Service Pack 2, INCLUDING TETHERING.
Thank you

Comments

• AldoN AldoN
    ✭✭  / 
    Thank you for contacting Nokia Mobile Care.

Regarding your query about connecting your Nokia 3 or 3.1 device to your Windows XP laptop, be kindly informed that the connection of this device and this version of Windows is actually not possible, as the XP version is an old one, and as such our Pure Android devices cannot send or receive files from such Operating System.

• steve steve
    ✭✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    What are you wanting to connect to your Windows for? 
    If it's file transfer then use an otg cable and a usb memory stick / dongle.

If it's net connection, then use a WiFi dongle on your Windows device, and tether via WiFi to you phone 
  • AldoN AldoN
    ✭✭  /  edited June 1
    steve said:

If it's net connection, then use a WiFi dongle on your Windows device, and tether via WiFi to you phone 
    Thank you for your reply.
  • AldoN AldoN
    ✭✭  / 
    steve said:

• AldoN AldoN
    ✭✭  / 
    With Windows xp sp2 and Nokia 5.1 the internet works perfectly tethering via hotspot WiFi. If I try to connect the smartphone via USB cable, the computer  doesn't recognize properly the phone. Maybe additional drivers for windows xp or sp3 are required.
  • adylanchng adylanchng
    ✭✭  / 
    Why are you still using Windows XP Service Pack 2? At least use Service Pack 3 or better still a newer version of Windows. 

When you plug in a Nokia phone into the PC, you should see a folder pop up that would allow you to install a driver. 
  • AldoN AldoN
    ✭✭  /