Why there is no print screen function up to now?

FYI, I requested 5 months ago KaiOS Technologies develop a print-screen function because I feel it is very helpful tool during emergencies where a user can snap a certain locality in a Google map which may involve a serious accident, fire, crime etc.

Why there is no print screen function up to now?

abbas abbas
✭✭✭  / 
FYI, I requested 5 months ago KaiOS Technologies develop a print-screen function because I feel it is very helpful tool during emergencies where a user can snap a certain locality in a Google map which may involve a serious accident, fire, crime etc. and forward it immediately to the police, ambulance or other relevant authority for their immediate action which can save many lives in life threatening situations. However, the reply was it is currently not possible because "the current version software does not support screenshots." I am assuming by version software, they are referring to the Operating System version which is ver. 2.5. If that be the case, I believe it will be a long time before this happens.

Comments

• abbas abbas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Kaios Technologies replied and confirmed they were referring to the OS version  so don't expect a Print Screen feature for some time .....   maybe a long time!
  • Keith Keith
    ✭✭✭  / 
    And even when they do upgrade it will still be a considerable time before everyone gets the update. Everything seems to be regional specific. 
  • abbas abbas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    "And even when they do upgrade it will still be a considerable time"

Yes, KaiOS Technologies replied and admitted it will be some time before the OS gets upgraded.
  • Luxferre Luxferre
     /  edited December 2018
    The interesting thing is that screenshot function has been here all the time, but 8110 4G has no hardware Home button. Other than that, it would be Power+Home. I emulated this programmatically and it did take the screenshot on the device.

We really need to find a way to remap the Home key to some combo. With this, we'd get not only screenshot capability, but also the ability to fold apps and multitask.
  • abbas abbas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Luxferre said:
    The interesting thing is that screenshot function has been here all the time, but 8110 4G has no hardware Home button. Other than that, it would be Power+Home. I emulated this programmatically and it did take the screenshot on the device.

We really need to find a way to remap the Home key to some combo. With this, we'd get not only screenshot capability, but also the ability to fold apps and multitask.
    And the reason KAiOS Technologies gave me is they needed to wait until the OS was upgraded.
  • Luxferre Luxferre
     /  edited January 2
    @abbas, I have a lot to tell you but I can't find a way to create a new thread here. Does it require some reputation points or comment amount to do this?

Upd: Ok, now it seems I can.
  • abbas abbas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Luxferre said:
    @abbas, I have a lot to tell you but I can't find a way to create a new thread here. Does it require some reputation points or comment amount to do this?

Upd: Ok, now it seems I can.

I read your moments at Banana Hackers and posted it to KaiOS Technologies for them to chew on and hopefully they will make some effort. Sometimes, I think behind the scene they lack enough and experienced technicians as KaiOS is a new system, not something one can look up the Internet for possible developers websites who dabble on KaiOS