Nokia 7.1 Now on Android 9 Pie - Page 3

thanks for rolling out this

Nokia 7.1 Now on Android 9 Pie

Comments

• thanks for rolling out this
  • Now it happened what I feared  Google is rolling out the December security patch now. My Nok🖕a 7.1 is still on October patch! For a Android one with huge promises ridiculous 
    I couldn't agree more. This combined with the ridiculous performance issues I'm facing makes me really regret buying this phone.
  • What issues?
  • aliamjad said:
    phone stuck on NOKIA logo after reboot. Tried factory reset to try again but same error. Lost some of my latest data. Disappointed by nokia care not helpful.
    Yeah.  I am sticking with 8.1 for now.  Everyone with this issue should contact support and let them know.  We need to get them to acknowledge the issue is real and not a one off thing
    almost everyday I am contacting them, now I am totally lost with it. phone is not setting up without update and after update the phone stuck on Nokia Logo. Nokia support chat is so unprofessional they just dropped the chat and commenting as case resolved. Their local service centers are saying they are not able to download the software from their website and have to leave phone with them for 2 weeks without offering a spare phone and this phone was 1 week old. It was my big mistake I bought Nokia phone.
  • Update mine and my wife's TA-1085 in the US on Cricket wireless without issue last week.

I know stuff happens, but I see users with the 7 plus in here and wonder how many bricks are from the OTA or grabbing the wrong files off of XDA.
  • ikijibiki said:
    Can someone who has updated to Pie comment on whether or not the Smart Lock trust agent issue -- Smart Lock setting screen disappears and Smart Lock stops working -- has been fixed?
    Pie has fixed the smart lock issue for me.
  • I have managed to force Android Pie update on my device.

Steps :

1. Remove sim card.
    1. Factory reset.
    2. Install a VPN on another phone and turn it on; select USA server
    3. Turn on WI-FI hotspot.
    4. Turn on the phone; Set as default language USA english
    5. Connect it to hotspot early created.
    6. Done. 1305,5 MB of Pie.

P.S.: You can turn off VPN after download starts.

I hope that i was pretty clear with insturctions.
    I'm waiting for your feedback.

• Since the pie update, my mobile service connectivity has become almost unusable. I'm on Tmobile in the USA...  See my comments over in https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-7-1/help/problems-pie-update-t-mobile-t3875259  I'll have to try resetting the phone if a solution can't be found.
  • Miracles happens sometime. Got this afternoon the security patch for November. That means to me no Pie 2018.... It is much to late and I hope that we'll get the December patch also in 2018 even if I don't trust Nokia any more.... 
  • Got the patches for my TA-1100 on Oreo 8 1 too. Seems there ist no stabile Pie-update for 7.1. Is it a problen because 32GB/3GB and 64GB/4GB? Many different hardware cause many different problems cause no good service on timeline...
  • jaikn1985 jaikn1985
    ✭✭  / 
    No November security patch or Pie for TA-1100 in UK. No reply from Juho after the comment in Twitter like long approval process in UK.
  • Here is a little Trick to get Pie on Nokia 7.1 worked for me in germany
  • No puedo mover de lugar la barra del buscador de Google en mi Nokia 7.1, me sale en la parte de abajo y está fija.
  • so i've seen some people have android 9 on their nokia 7.1, yet i don't. Is there a time schedule for different countries? when can i expect to get android 9?
  • syscon syscon
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia 7.1 Model - T-1085 upgrade to Android Pie worked very well.
    After upgrade, restore to factory default was performed as that is what many users on other forum did to normalize battery usage; as some (on pixel 2/3 reported battery drain about 40-50% overnight).  So resetting to factory default normalize battery usage.

Setting: Running in Battery saving mode, background "black"
    Google Play "auto update" OFF
    Most app background activity turned OFF

First day 3hr screen time on 13% battery during first day.
    Overnight: 9hr (with wifi ON) system used 5% battery (was hoping a bit
    better).

Restrict apps "background activity"

Second day: 1hr:27min screen time using  22% battery over 11hr.
    Overnight: ~9hr. (with wifi ON), system used about 4% of the batter.

I'm not overly impress with battery on Nokia; I was hoping to have only about 2% battery drain overnight as most of my background activity on the phone are turned OFF.
    My previous phone Moto 6G (with 4000mAh) battery had only 1% drain overnight; though it did not work correctly.  I has not able to receive calls over wifi when screen was off.  With Nokia I have no problems at all when it comes to call over wifi.

• Thank you, syscon, for your detailed upgrade report.  Although I have Pie available, I have not updated yet out of concerns for the process and results.  I was hoping for more "positive" reports before updating myself. 

Do you (or anyone for that matter) have an external SD card installed in your phone during the Pie update?.  I have a 128GB card with about 50GB of data in my phone and wonder if that might be an issue with some of the update issues others have posted.  Thanks.   
  • syscon syscon
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    Thank you, syscon, for your detailed upgrade report.  Although I have Pie available, I have not updated yet out of concerns for the process and results.  I was hoping for more "positive" reports before updating myself. 

Do you (or anyone for that matter) have an external SD card installed in your phone during the Pie update?.  I have a 128GB card with about 50GB of data in my phone and wonder if that might be an issue with some of the update issues others have posted.  Thanks.   
    Yes, I too have 128GB an SD card inside, during the whole upgrade nothing was touched or missing on SD card.  So yes, it is safe to leave the SD card inside/mounted during installation.

• brownm0435 brownm0435
    ✭✭  / 
    mrlaemp said:
    Here is a little Trick to get Pie on Nokia 7.1 worked for me in germany
    I can vouch that this works. I'm on UK Vodafone TA-1100, followed steps above and pie download appeared. It downloaded. However as it was installing. I got a bit sceptical whether phone would still work with my Vodafone contract sim. So before it fully installed, I put sim back in and it cancelled the installation and flagged phone up to date, still on 8.1. So question is, if downloaded and installed, would it still work as normal, with my contract sim?
  • brownm0435 brownm0435
    ✭✭  / 
    I have managed to force Android Pie update on my device.

Steps :

1. Remove sim card.
    1. Factory reset.
    2. Install a VPN on another phone and turn it on; select USA server
    3. Turn on WI-FI hotspot.
    4. Turn on the phone; Set as default language USA english
    5. Connect it to hotspot early created.
    6. Done. 1305,5 MB of Pie.

P.S.: You can turn off VPN after download starts.

I hope that i was pretty clear with insturctions.
    I'm waiting for your feedback.

Anyone done this on UK contract phone?
  • In Bulgaria whit Vivacom and Telenor is ok
  • brownm0435 brownm0435
    ✭✭  / 
    mrlaemp said:
    I can vouch that this works. I'm on UK Vodafone TA-1100, followed steps above and pie download appeared. It downloaded. However as it was installing. I got a bit sceptical whether phone would still work with my Vodafone contract sim. So before it fully installed, I put sim back in and it cancelled the installation and flagged phone up to date, still on 8.1. So question is, if downloaded and installed, would it still work as normal, with my contract sim?
    Went for it and works fine on UK Vodafone.
  • ikijibiki ikijibiki
    ✭✭  / 
    mrlaemp said:
    I bought my T-1085 from Amazon in the US and initially set it up in the US. This should satisfy steps 1 and 2. Now, from my home in the EU, I've reset the time and location to US and followed the remaining steps using NordVPN, but still will not update.

Also, I have two SIMs installed, one US and one EU. currently using phone only on EU SIM, but updating only via WiFi.

Any suggestions?
  • brownm0435 brownm0435
    ✭✭  / 
    ikijibiki said:
    mrlaemp said:
    I bought my T-1085 from Amazon in the US and initially set it up in the US. This should satisfy steps 1 and 2. Now, from my home in the EU, I've reset the time and location to US and followed the remaining steps using NordVPN, but still will not update.

Also, I have two SIMs installed, one US and one EU. currently using phone only on EU SIM, but updating only via WiFi.

Any suggestions?
    I took my sim out. Set up as US - EN, logged into my Gmail account, downloaded tunnel bear, turned off location, selected phoenix as time zone, set tunnel bear to United States, then done software update
  • So, did now also the update via von to the US. It shows me Pie immediately and I understand this, that the delay in Europe has Only political or commercial reasons. Maybe the rumor about holding back updates are true 
  • mike65 mike65
     /  edited December 2018
    Maybe, this way is closed now Haven't anything sucess in this way...
  • apollisa apollisa
    ✭✭  / 
    Same here for me mike65, no update through VPN…  :/
  • ikijibiki ikijibiki
    ✭✭  / 
    ikijibiki said:
    mrlaemp said:

Any suggestions?
    I took my sim out. Set up as US - EN, logged into my Gmail account, downloaded tunnel bear, turned off location, selected phoenix as time zone, set tunnel bear to United States, then done software update
    Forgot to mention, I also had the phone in airplane mode (mobile phone radio completely off). But now I tried again without the SIMs at all, and still no joy.
  • It is a bad behavior. Vpn tricks are'nt good. If Rollout ist started, I want my updates just in time. Nokia has promised that so they have to realize it!!! Chat couldn't Help, only blabla anderen wait.... If there are serious problems, they should Report it. Non real rollouts are not serious!!!
  • ikijibiki ikijibiki
    ✭✭  / 
    ikijibiki said:
    mrlaemp said:

Any suggestions?
    Forgot to mention, I also had the phone in airplane mode (mobile phone radio completely turned off, Wif-Fi only). Still no joy.
  • ikijibiki ikijibiki
    ✭✭  / 
    ikijibiki said:
    mrlaemp said:

Any suggestions?
    Forgot to mention, I also had the phone in airplane mode (mobile phone radio completely turned off, Wif-Fi only). Still no joy.