Nokia 7.1 Now on Android 9 Pie - Page 4

Hi, TA-1095 owner in France, I've got the November security patch this morning (V2.95B). Everything seems to be working fine, but no sign of pie yet... 

Nokia 7.1 Now on Android 9 Pie

Comments

• kat kat
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi,

TA-1095 owner in France, I've got the November security patch this morning (V2.95B). Everything seems to be working fine, but no sign of pie yet... 
  • alexeybes alexeybes
    ✭✭  / 
    Russia. TA-1095

• kat said:
    Hi,

TA-1095 owner in France, I've got the November security patch this morning (V2.95B). Everything seems to be working fine, but no sign of pie yet... 
    Même chose
  • Is it an european carrier problem? If so, why there ist no offical Nokia sign for this problem? I know nearly same behavior this Huawei-phone. Old Time, i realised, it was not a Huawei-fault, it seemed a vodafone problem... May bei, that's the reason for the Nokia UK-difficults.... Sometimes, silence is golden... other time silence is only stupid... NOKIA has to do Homework!!!! It is hard to raise but easy to fall!!! I wish a sucess for NOKIA, no fall!!!
  • alexeybes said:
    Russia. TA-1095
    Cool. Thanks for the hint. Same model in Germany. 
    Just updated my new phone by using Russian locale, without sim and geolocation off.
    Phone first got security update and after reboot started immediately with Pie update. 
  •  :p Miracle! Today, Russia, TA-1095 - Pie on board!
  • Seems it is a carrier problem... But why there ist no offical hint? Maybe a vodafone problem??? Maybe only with phones sold by vodafone? I've a 6.1 bought outside Vodafone. Got all Updates just in time. Huawei-Vodafone was same pleasure - long waiting!
  • I'm still waiting : :'(
  • Nokia 7.1 from T-Mobile and still no Android Pie. I'm from the Netherlands. I like my phone but i will not buy another Nokia ever again due to the lack of communication. I dont trust them anymore. They better better get their updates on time instead of releasing a new phone every month.
  • Nokia 7.1 from T-Mobile and still no Android Pie. I'm from the Netherlands. I like my phone but i will not buy another Nokia ever again due to the lack of communication. I dont trust them anymore. They better better get their updates on time instead of releasing a new phone every month.
    Surely, if they have delayed the roll out because of problems,  that's a good thing. I don't want a faulty update that's going to screw up my phone.  The ñovember patch would be welcome though.
  • Inbetwee Inbetwee
     /  edited December 2018
    T mobile needs test the pie update before it wil be released?
    I have Just update the phone to pie i used the VPN methode download it usa server.
  • When for Nokia 5.1 plus??
  • Ñovember patch would be nice Mr Nokia. I've given up on ever getting Pie but surely you should adhere to your Android One responsible to deliver monthly security updates? 
  • ikijibiki ikijibiki
    ✭✭  / 
    mike65 said:
    Seems it is a carrier problem... But why there ist no offical hint? Maybe a vodafone problem??? Maybe only with phones sold by vodafone? I've a 6.1 bought outside Vodafone. Got all Updates just in time. Huawei-Vodafone was same pleasure - long waiting!
    I don't have a carrier and I don't have Pie. I use two SIMs for US and EU and both are pre-paid on T-Mobile in each country. I access the update only via Wi-Fi, have tried the VPN spoof with location off and nothing works. Still no Pie.
  • ikijibiki ikijibiki
    ✭✭  / 
    Ñovember patch would be nice Mr Nokia. I've given up on ever getting Pie but surely you should adhere to your Android One responsible to deliver monthly security updates? 
    I'd be surprised if you ever hear from any responsible Nokia person on here.
  • ikijibiki ikijibiki
    ✭✭  / 
    Dec 11, 2018, still no Pie nor even the November Oreo patch, much less the December patch.
  • Just received the November patch. Still no Pie though.
  • "Nokia 7.1 & 8.1 get a new Pie build with December Security update" found on Nokia-Poweruser.com... Who will get it? Seems, only 7.1 on pie, because 135MB are to short for full-update. What about Thema rest of us? Keep on waiting until.....

• Just saw that and looked right in. But as might be expected, there is nothing here in Germany-nothing at all! I'm curious to see if Juho's promise is true that we get that before Christmas-I don't think so ...
  • Just saw that and looked right in. But as might be expected, there is nothing here in Germany-nothing at all! I'm curious to see if Juho's promise is true that we get that before Christmas-I don't think so ...

• India also not received Nokia 7.1 new pie update npu giving wrong information to the customers
  • neng neng
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Very good... Android 9 Pie just keeps on coming on other nokia devices, thanks to HMD for their sheer commitment to pure, secure and up-to-date experience.

• ikijibiki ikijibiki
    ✭✭  / 
    I don't understand why HMD doesn't make the Pie factory image and OTA image available for download for those of us able to sideload them ourselves
  • Stil no Pie in Serbia too.
  • Dominik P Dominik P
    ✭✭  / 
    Hey guys,
    just be patienct!
    I've installed the v 3.39A Update just to see how it runs on the Phone, well i have to say there are still some annoying Bugs and i would not accept this Update as "Next Major Update". So it's better to wait and see what is fixed in the next Releases before it is released as "Major Update" to all missing Countries.
    Greetings from Germany! :wink:

• Si Nokia promised much, but reakssiation
  • So here is a tipp for Nokia and a sucsessfull future: Before doing promises, power on  brain and take a look for good realisation! The promises and shoutings are the reasons for our waiting!!!!
  • Dominik P Dominik P
    ✭✭  / 
    I realy don't think it's Nokia's Problem, sure they've announced it quiet early, but the main problem - i think- is, that with every Update which came, new Problems come to light. 
    So with every problem they need to delay the Update - "my Opnion!"
    And realy, nobody wants a faulty Update. 
    It's like the same Coin Around - if the Update was released to everyone - now everybody would say "How bad Nokia is" just because "How they could have released a faulty update". :wink:  

I hope everyone knows what i mean, i don't want to offend someone, but just want to share my opinion. :open_mouth:
  • I understand it! But If monthly updates are promised and a new version is published and reported, everybody want it just in time, not anytime in future. If it doesn't work, I think it ist better to report it's faulty than make feel everything is ok! That's the main fault in my opinion! AndroidOne is reported as something like no problem with updates. That's a little bit wrong, because there is different hardware in the run. But Nokia sells promises and hope for bettet phone futere, not. technical basics!! o:) >:) o:) >:)
  • Dominik P said:
    I realy don't think it's Nokia's Problem, sure they've announced it quiet early, but the main problem - i think- is, that with every Update which came, new Problems come to light. 
    So with every problem they need to delay the Update - "my Opnion!"
    And realy, nobody wants a faulty Update. 
    It's like the same Coin Around - if the Update was released to everyone - now everybody would say "How bad Nokia is" just because "How they could have released a faulty update". :wink:  

I hope everyone knows what i mean, i don't want to offend someone, but just want to share my opinion. :open_mouth:
    I agree. Just have a little patients everybody. Nokia will fix it I'm sure. I certainly don't want a faulty update. As long as the Android One monthly security patches keep coming, I'm happy to wait a little longer for Pie.