• Finally in Italy too!
  • Finally in Italy!!😀
  • will it receive android R?
  • italy. got ota this morning.
    I hope next realise wont be so late
  • Alan Fenemore Alan Fenemore
    ✭✭  / 
    Better late than never. 
  • Nokia x7 ( china ) androi 9 . camera before error when calling messenger or zalo. Camera photos are disastrous
  • matteo.m said:

Hi everyone,

We are super happy to announce that Android 9 Pie will begin to roll out on Nokia 7.1 as of today. Please check our FAQs in the upcoming days to learn more about Pie. 

Enjoy!
    As of January 30th 2019, still waiting on the Pie update in the Netherlands, never mind the December patch. I'm still stuck on the November 2018 patch. Every time I manually check for an update, I get the message I'm up to date.

Can somebody explain how my phone TA-1095, bought from a large retailer (MediaMarkt), SIM free, but running a Vodafone SIM, is stuck atleast two updates behind others yet is "up to date"?
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    As of January 30th 2019, still waiting on the Pie update in the Netherlands, never mind the December patch. I'm still stuck on the November 2018 patch. Every time I manually check for an update, I get the message I'm up to date.

Can somebody explain how my phone TA-1095, bought from a large retailer (MediaMarkt), SIM free, but running a Vodafone SIM, is stuck atleast two updates behind others yet is "up to date"?
    All I can think of is that the update certification or approval takes longer in your country than the others. I'd like you to once try for updates after removing the SIM Card (Vodafone). Then clear data for Google Play Services and then search for updates again.
    In some regions it is seen that updates are not delivered at the same pace while the phone is latched to a cellular network.
  • @Clutchman11 it's a Vodafone issue I guess. Just put another sim in your phone and the Pie update should show immediately. It did in my case anyway.
  • @Clutchman11 it's a Vodafone issue I guess. Just put another sim in your phone and the Pie update should show immediately. It did in my car anyway.
  • singhnsk said:

All I can think of is that the update certification or approval takes longer in your country than the others. I'd like you to once try for updates after removing the SIM Card (Vodafone). Then clear data for Google Play Services and then search for updates again.
    In some regions it is seen that updates are not delivered at the same pace while the phone is latched to a cellular network.
    My frustration is more due to the fact that on the Dutch forums, there are reports of OTA Pie updates since the beginning of December. Even for Vodafone customers.
    I've tried your suggestion, i.e. clearing Google Play Services data, removing SIM and checking for updates, etc. both at home and at work. Unfortunately without result.
  • I've tried with Tele2 sim, and the update shows right away. No need to clear anything. Give it a try.
  • I can confirm the statement above, in the Netherlands it is a Vodafone issue, i changed the simm to a AH sim and the update appears
  • So What Still performance is very ver low and ZESISS lens camera needs a update. cranky.
  • Rich71pie Rich71pie
    ✭✭  / 
    Is there a bugs page where you list
    - the things you know are wrong 
    - workarounds 
    - likely fix dates\ updates to remove features which don't work(e.g. date watermark in camera)
  • Veiko86 Veiko86
     / 
    I do not like Google Search Bar
  • Alan Fenemore Alan Fenemore
    ✭✭  / 
    Veiko86 said:
    I do not like Google Search Bar
    Then you will need to get rid of it by using a third party launcher.  It's the only way to do it with Pie. 

I use Nova launcher but Action launcher is a good alternative .
  • Thanks for the tips regarding problems updating with a Dutch Vodafone SIM. I'll get a (prepaid) AH SIM and try again.
  • So I have bought a Nokia 7.1 as a work phone .I have an iPhone xs max . I'm astonished at how much phone you get for such little money Vs the iPhone . My big issue is that I bought the phone unlocked TA-1100 in the UK yet I am stuck on Oreo November security patch. Everytime I try to update I get a message that I am up-to-date . Seems everyone had the UK Pie update ages ago. Anyone stuck too?
  • Arek Arek
     / 
    Does the Nokia 7.1 have night mode? I saw in reviews that this phone sucks at night
  • BinSoud BinSoud
    ✭✭  / 
    Still no update in Oman? Or its just my phone
  • Post Pie Update, I am facing frequent (every 30 minutes) Network & Internet Drop issue on 7.1.
    Is it a because of Pie or mobile is faulty?

Any one facing same Issue & what is the remedy to resolved said problem. 
  • Popped the SMARTY SIM from the phone we use as a home phone in and bingo instant upgrade Wierd as the 7.1 TA-1100 is sim free, but wouldn't upgrade with an EE SIM fitted.
    Android 9 working perfectly! 
  • In Netherlands , I was stuck with Android 8.1, and just inserted a KPN sim-card, the update immediately started. I reinserted the Vodafone sim-card while the updated was downloading => immediately the update stopped and I was shown there were no updates available !

This is crazy ! I am wondering why the sim-card would enforce any kind of settings even when running over the wireless...
  • February 27th. Still no Pie update. 
    Nokia promises fast updates. As it should for a androidone. The promise turns out to be a lie. I regret buying a Nokia.
    Sen a service request last week. No answer :(

• Rishi216 Rishi216
     / 
    Found an Issue in Updating,  I got the Android 9 update on my Phone today.  The Update & installation was fine.  Phone asked for a reboot so I did,  after that It is stucked on download mode again & again.  Please share any idea to get it corrected
  • Mini77 Mini77
     / 
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/Theo%20Theodorou">Theo Theodorou</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">So I have bought a Nokia 7.1 as a work phone .I have an iPhone xs max . I'm astonished at how much phone you get for such little money Vs the iPhone . My big issue is that I bought the phone unlocked TA-1100 in the UK yet I am stuck on Oreo November security patch. Everytime I try to update I get a message that I am up-to-date . Seems everyone had the UK Pie update ages ago. Anyone stuck too?</div>
    </blockquote>
    Hey Theo, have you managed to get the update yet. I bought this phone yesterday and I'm still on Oreo with September security patch. I'm with Vodafone too.
  • Jamnet Jamnet
     /  edited February 28
    Still no pie in Switzerland, Nokia whats wrong.you are not able to roll out pie in 5 months plus. I ask myself why did I buy one of your phones. Thought Android one quick updates, next phone will be a Samsung. This is not the way one treats customers!
  • => Finland and Telia network, no update to Pie ?

I really would like to know details of update process of these devices and operators.
  • Hi! Can anyone give me a link to latest full rom? Want to try to restore my phone from DM