Notification Lights, onscreen navigation keys

Guys please help me on this. 1. Option to Use the backlit hardware navigation keys on the Nokia 6 as notification Lights...

Notification Lights, onscreen navigation keys

user273 user273
 /  edited December 2017
Guys please help me on this.

1. Option to Use the backlit hardware navigation keys on the Nokia 6 as notification Lights... For messages, miss call, other minor notifications.

2. Option to Enable software navigational keys (onscreen keys) like in the pixel phones.

On the first request... I can't hardly express the importance of the notification light in my daily life, since I use my bokia 6 during work hours (as do most people) and I can't be caught always looking at my phone for any messages or other important things that I could miss without turning on the phone. I know it sounds very minor... But we (I speak for a group of NOKIA users in the Philippines) need this function, and it broke our hearts that we did not have in the the 6. But with a few software tweeks... This could be remedied. Guys in the forum please help me... Upvote so that the NOKIA crew could make this happen.

Comments

• barryondrums barryondrums
     /  edited October 2017
    Totally Agree!
  • user726 user726
     /  edited October 2017
    Yes! U were right! Dear Nokia team listen to your consumer
  • user87 user87
     /  edited October 2017
    I agree, button flashing as a tool to show that there are notifications would be velcomed.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭  /  edited October 2017

I agree the notification light would be great, but does the Nokia 6 not have a "glance screen"?

• user87 user87
     /  edited October 2017
    It sorta does, but it works only when your phone is charging, and shows nothing but the clock, iirc.
  • user273 user273
     /  edited October 2017
    No it doesn't have GLANCE...but nokia 8 does. I don't know why it was not implemented in the 6 since the I used IPS screen as well.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭  /  edited December 2017

I didn't realise that the 6 didn't have Glance. Not all screens support it - the Lumia 930 disappointed people when they discovered it didn't have Glance functionality, it was an own-goal for Nokia (just like the 950 not having super-sensitive touch).

If the screens support it then HMD should provide rich functionality - remember what Nokia did back in the day with Sleeping Screen for Symbian?

• We need this feature