Nokia pro cam problem

Why the swipe to enter pro mode does not work in landscape mode?

Nokia pro cam problem

chintz chintz
✭✭  / 
Why the swipe to enter pro mode does not work in landscape mode?
And why is the slowest shutter speed limited to 0.5seconds while Nokia 7 has the option upto 4 seconds?
Tagged:

Comments

• eelis eelis
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    Because the Nokia 8 camera software is crap!
    Even my Nokia N9 (Meego) works better and gets better photos.
    There are more faults than good things of that camera software. Using Gcam at the moment and it's very good, so the fault is not to be found in the camera itself. They obviously badly need a good programmer there.
    I think they have stopped caring any more, because the phone is over a year of age, go figure.

-eelis-
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    eelis said:

Best answer of the week :D
  • chintz chintz
    ✭✭  / 
    eelis said:
    Even my Nokia N9 (Meego) works better and gets better photos.
    There are more faults than good things of that camera software. Using Gcam at the moment and it's very good, so the fault is not to be found in the camera itself. They obviously badly need a good programmer there.
    I think they have stopped caring any more, because the phone is over a year of age, go figure.

-eelis-
    You are right... Even the focus is slow..Shooting parameters(especially the exposure and shutter speed in case of flash on mode)  and processing algorithms needs significant improvement.
    Pro mode is also incomplete ...No real-time exposure indication before shooting!
    I'm sure that Nokia knows about all these issues(better than us)...And just hope that they are working hard to improve and exploit the capable camera hardware in a better way!