No Notification Bar, Home and Recent Apps Buttons not Working, Plus Others

I have no idea what happened.

No Notification Bar, Home and Recent Apps Buttons not Working, Plus Others

I have no idea what happened.

The only thing I did was to charge my phone yesterday night, and this morning, it apparently had reset itself (but not completely).

A lot of my settings went back to the default (e.g. I set no vibration for the phone, but it went back to have vibrations, no dial tones to have dial tones, etc).

I can hear notifications, but see no notifications on the notifications bar. When I tried to pull down the notification meu, it doesn't get pull down at all. All I see is a set of default icons (Wifi, Mobile Data, Battery Charging Status, Do Not Disturb, Torchlight, Screen Rotation). When I press on the Settings (gear) icon, nothing could be displayed.

When I go to the Developer Options screen, I get a "Developer options is not available for this user" error. Previously, I have a list of options.

Additionally, I can't install apps, Google Maps can't navigate (but GPS is working fine), mobile data keeps switching off by itself, Gmail not syncing, and a whole lot of other strange problems, all of which were working fine until this happens.

How can I fix this?

Comments

• J444LH J444LH
     /  edited February 7
    I suggest you do a factory reset, the instructions are in the FAQ section, CAUTION, it wipes all data off the phone.
  • xiaomayi xiaomayi
     / 

This happens a bit regularly. There's no telling when it will happen. Think I may have a faulty phone...

• xiaomayi xiaomayi
     /  edited October 14

I think I managed to successfully isolate the problem after many months of testing.

Quick charging is the problem. If I use quick charge, after 2 to 3 charges, the problems will start. Nowadays I plug my phone to the PC or laptop to charge it. It's slower, but this prevents the problems.

Guess I may have a hardware issue.