The display does not turn off when charging!!

If I leave the phone unlocked while charging it remains unlocked throughout  the charging period.

The display does not turn off when charging!!

kazor kazor
✭✭  /  edited November 2018
If I leave the phone unlocked while charging it remains unlocked throughout  the charging period. I will have to manually lock the device if I want it to remain locked. Does anyone else have this problem?

Best Answer

Answers

• kazor kazor
    ✭✭  / 
    One reason that comes to mind is to check if you have something in the Smart Lock settings that prevents it getting locked (defined safe locations, or presence of specific another device telling that the device can stay unlocked)? By default the screen should turn off and the device get locked even while charging.
    Hey thanks for the answer. But I checked the smart Lock options, my old home was listed as a safe location, I unchecked it and still the phone doesn't lock. I turned off smart lock as a trusted agent , still no solution. If I remember it right this started happening right after I updated to Oreo. Any other possible reasons?
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Display on and bright or display on and just glowing?
  • kazor kazor
    ✭✭  / 
    naufrago said:
    "The display does not turn off when charging"

Is it possible that you somehow enabled "stay awake" in developer options?

This solved it. Must have turned it on by accident. Thank you so much !! :) I never thought there would be a option like in in the developer optjon . cheers! 
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    kazor said:
    naufrago said:
    "The display does not turn off when charging"

Is it possible that you somehow enabled "stay awake" in developer options?
    This solved it. Must have turned it on by accident. Thank you so much !! :) I never thought there would be a option like in in the developer optjon . cheers! 
    You're welcome.
    I'm glad to be of some help :blush:
  • marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  / 

My problem exactly!!!!

I was puzzled because the screen was ON while charging... that never happened for 2 years (and no upgrade was done!)

Thanks!

• Hey thanks for the answer. But I checked the smart Lock options, my old home was listed as a safe location, I unchecked it and still the phone doesn't lock. I turned off smart lock as a trusted agent , still no solution. If I remember it right this started happening right after I updated to Oreo. Any other possible reasons?

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

You have glance turned on or whatever its called where the screen lights up for notifications, for some reason HMD thought it would be a great idea to keep the screen on when charge the phone and you have it turned on.