Our Staff, Our Phone - Find out more about @Edo, Head of Social at HMD Global - Volume 1

It’s time to get up close and personal with some of the friendly faces at HMD Global.

Our Staff, Our Phone - Find out more about @Edo, Head of Social at HMD Global - Volume 1

matteo.m matteo.m
Staff member  /  edited November 28

It’s time to get up close and personal with some of the friendly faces at HMD Global. As part of a new Our Staff, Our Phone feature, here’s someone hard at work behind the scenes. This time, it’s a one-on-one interview with Edoardo Cassina -- HMD Global’s Head of Social Media.

Based in Helsinki, Finland, Edoardo has worked with HMD Global for the past 1.5 years. Find out what he thinks about Nokia phones and what would his life be without a mobile?

Hello Edoardo, thanks for taking time out of your day to speak to us. Firstly, the most important question is…What phone do you use?

Throughout the week I go through quite a few of them! But right now I am using the Nokia 7.1. love the look and feel of the phone. My first ever Nokia smartphone was the Nokia 8. I still use it for old time sakes!

Which color is your favourite from the Nokia line up?

It has to be the Nokia 7.1 seriously. The silver+copper finish is out of this world.

Name three apps you couldn’t live without?

I am a music freak, so definitely Spotify is the first one on the list! Second is a tough choice. I think I really need to mention Notion (notion.so). It’s a productivity app. It allows me to work with the various social teams around the world and keep everything on track. I love it! It’s as if Evernote, Google Sheets, and Trello had a baby together! Third. Hands down Google Maps. I use it every day. Living in Finland is sometimes tricky. If you don’t know the right route, you get lost so easily. Google Maps usually always comes to the rescue!

What’s the best thing about your job?

The stress! To be honest, I think it’s probably having a visible impact on our marketing efforts.

Organising campaigns that get covered by the media is a lot of pressure, but also rewarding when you get positive endorsements from our fans and the press!

What industry trend are you most excited about?

The way social networks are trying to reinvent new formats. We had Instagram changing the way we share photos. Youtube transforming video. And Spotify revolutionising audio.

Nowadays podcasts are growing so much as well. It will be interesting to see where they go next. Even gifs have become something more than a simple video on loop. They are now an essential part in the way millennials consume media. However, to answer your question. I think the future of social will be revolved in trying to bring back the meaningful conversations that were once the essence of platforms such as Facebook!

If you didn’t have a phone, you would…?

Produce music on my computer while I wait for my phone’s Amazon delivery!

What’s your favourite picture you’ve taken with your Nokia 8 Sirocco?

A picture of Helsinki!

It’s time to challenge the rest of the HMD staff to take a shot of their own. This week, Edoardo wants you all to take a picture of…The city you live in.

That’s all for now, tune in next time for another instalment of Our Staff, Our Phone when we’ll be putting another member of the HMD Global family in the spotlight.

Tagged:

Comments

• bchaplin88 bchaplin88
     /  edited November 28
    Nice, Matteo.

And thanks for the info, Edoardo.
  • Nice to meet you here Edoardo :)
  • morozshaun morozshaun
    ✭✭  /  edited November 28
    Very nice to meet you, Edoardo! Very nice photo, by the way! Loving that phone's camera :)
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Thanks for sharing @edo :)

Now, since you're in Finland, get your Nokia 8 Sirocco (or 7.1, whatever you prefer) and go take some photos of some rally cars! :D
  • nitheesh nitheesh
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nice to meet you @edo
  • kd5379 kd5379
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @edo How are you?
  • seye81 seye81
     / 
    Like your honest answer to questions Eduardo!
  • redskua redskua
     / 
    ..that's nice, but i would like to see some real relevant questions asked that would give those of us with issues something to cling too
  •  @edo your secrets r exposed now 😅
  • yunfei yunfei
     / 
    Really nice pic!
  • edo edo
    Staff member  / 
    madbilly said:
    Thanks for sharing @edo :)

Now, since you're in Finland, get your Nokia 8 Sirocco (or 7.1, whatever you prefer) and go take some photos of some rally cars! :D

It's freezing here!! I'm watching them on TV!
  • nsakq v30 nsakq v30
    ✭✭  / 
    Nice to see you ... 
  • navs navs
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Thanks @edo for sharing!  :)
  • nokianchetan nokianchetan
    ✭✭  / 
    Nice To meet You @edo 🙂 You are Such a Cool Personality 😊
    Nice Picture 🙂
    Hope We Will Meet Again Soon 🙂