PIE 9 Update Resulted in Brick on my 7.1

Update was available in system settings, did the update while plugged in.  Phone remained on the Flash Screen (Nokia).  I actually let it sit for hours to see if it was possibly just a slow background install.  I have tried doing a Hard Reset (Power and Volume Up) it just brings me to the android laying down with "Red" triangle saying bad command.  I just got this phone 2 weeks ago from Amazon Pre-Order in the US.

PIE 9 Update Resulted in Brick on my 7.1

Update was available in system settings, did the update while plugged in.  Phone remained on the Flash Screen (Nokia).  I actually let it sit for hours to see if it was possibly just a slow background install.  I have tried doing a Hard Reset (Power and Volume Up) it just brings me to the android laying down with "Red" triangle saying bad command.  I just got this phone 2 weeks ago from Amazon Pre-Order in the US.

NOKIA what the heck is going on??????  Need Fix ASAP
Tagged:

Comments

• I had the exact same experience as you.  Saw your post in the other thread.  I sent you the instructions Nokia support sent me on how to get back into recovery successfully.  I am back on 8.1 and staying away from the update until I hear issues are fixed.  Support thought it "could" be hardware related, but I doubt it.  Amazon is nice enough to do a exchange anyway and that is on the way.  Seems to be a bad software update and nothing actually wrong with my device.
  • To elaborate on my issues and things I tried in conjunction with support.

1.  Tried updating the normal way once I got the notification result is stuck on Nokia logo after it reboots
    2.  Contacted support, they said to wait a while, waited over and hour, contacted support again and I was sent instructions on how to wipe/factory reset through recovery.
    3.  Back to stock software, set up device as new device, didn't restore any data/apps, tried update again, same result, stuck on Nokia logo after reboot.
    4.  Contacted support, again, had me factory reset again, but then try the update in safe mode.  Same result a 3rd time, stuck on Nokia logo after reboot.  They thought I should send the device in for repair or return for an exchange with seller (amazon).  I did request an exchange from Amazon just in case, and it will be here Friday, but I suspect this is a software issue and nothing is wrong with my hardware.
    5.  Factory reset yet again, and now sticking with 8.1.  My phone did check for updates while I was sleep last night, and it said no updates found, so I am suspecting the update has since been pulled, but cannot confirm that.
  • same after i updated the security patch on Jan, 20. its in download mode and i cant do anything