Build quality is a big question for Nokia

I think Nokia have forgotten about maintaining build quality of products.

Build quality is a big question for Nokia

I think Nokia have forgotten about maintaining build quality of products. Recently I purchased nokia5.1 plus, and there was an incident of  a delicate drop from a one and half feet on floor.  Surprisingly device display protection layer that protects display (not actual display) is got broken.  
I think nokia forgot to maintain hardware build quality. 
Will Nokia take care of this thing ?? 

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    @sagar bhamare yes it appears that the resilience of the recent phones from HMD is not as high as it was for older Nokia phones. However, according to reviewers like JerryRigEverything nokia phones are still stronger than the competition, which I suppose is all that HMD need to do.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Screens are becoming bigger, beels are shrinking. A bigger slap of glass with lesser protection on the edges is going to break more easily as compared to a well protected device. Also, the 5.1 Plus and the 6.1 Plus were mass market devices targetted at the online market. I guess that results in some compromises in the build quality. You cannot naturally get best of both worlds - an afforable price, a powerful CPU and a super durable design. When you want more for cheaper, you will have to make some compromises too.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @singhnsk, you're right, the bigger screens (and I think thinner glass too), with the thinner bezels and a more rigid structure means there's much less which can absorb the impacts and protect the glass. A glass-sandwich is probably the worst design from this point of view - I would love to see the drop tests which Pranav Schroff said in the 9PV AMA video clip which they do ten times; what surface are they dropping on to? I bet it's not the worst case (tarmac/asphalt).