Not receiving any updates from OTA

I tried to send email to the support team but keep receiving errors, thus I try to use this platform to share my experience.

Not receiving any updates from OTA

I tried to send email to the support team but keep receiving errors, thus I try to use this platform to share my experience. I bought a new Nokia 7 Plus two days ago in Hong Kong. The initial Android version is 8.0.0 with security update dated Feb 1, 2018. I was unable to update from the interface via WiFi, it keeps saying my phone was with the latest version, but my friend's phone, which is the exact same model, has been running Android 8.1.0 with security update Oct 1, 2018 for some time. I went to the official service center today, they refused to change a new phone for me but they sideload the Android 8.1.0 with security update May 1, 2018, which is still 5 months behind the expected latest security updates. And I am still not able to get any updates from the interface. The official service center indeed confirms me that my phone is under proper warranty in the Hong Kong region but refused to comment on any update schedule, however I think the security update schedule shouldn't be that delayed. I tried resetting the phone many times but nothing really helps. What should be my next step in order to get the security updates for my phone? (Let alone the Android 9.0 at the moment)

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi , i have also Nokia 7 plus biught in hong kong my phone have androud 8.1.0 and security update was from April but today injust recieved securuty updates from May to October