Nokia 5 and Wi-Fi scanning

Hello! I bought Nokia 5 recently. Now I have one issue with Wi-Fi scanning option in locations settings.

Nokia 5 and Wi-Fi scanning

alexium 67 alexium 67
✭✭  /  edited December 2018
Hello! I bought Nokia 5 recently. Now I have one issue with Wi-Fi scanning option in locations settings. That option improve location by allowing system apps and setvises to detect Wi-Fi networks at any time. On my device it turning off itself after some hours. I need this feature but should check it every time and re-enable again if it disabled. Please help me to resolve my issue.

Nokia 5, Android 8.1.0 with November security update.

Thanks

Best Answers

• alexium 67 alexium 67
    ✭✭  /  Accepted Answer
    Results. It was started in last months. For some people. I think it something wrong with power saving system because issue appears only after a time. Two or more hours of idle. It never appears if I use phone active. Same toggle of Bluetooth scanning work fine except Bluetooth itself may turning on after exit from flight mode.
  • alexium 67 alexium 67
    ✭✭  /  Accepted Answer
    I solved my problem by disabling idle (sleep) mode using adb. Now Wi-Fi Scanning staying enabled all time. Cost? More battery using.

Answers

• cooljevil cooljevil
    ✭✭  / 
    It might be a software bug, try calling the support. Try going to safe mode and see if the problem still persists.
  • alexium 67 alexium 67
    ✭✭  / 
    I tried safe mode and phone reset already. No effect. Chatting with support now. But I think it may be issue in October or November security patch. Some people said it wasn't any issue before.
  • cooljevil cooljevil
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    Oh, great! I hope that problem will be gone for good soon! To be honest, that actually is happening to me, too, the same time (closely) as yours! I really hope they will fix this on the next update with a maintenance update.
  • alexium 67 alexium 67
    ✭✭  / 
    cooljevil said:
    Oh, great! I hope that problem will be gone for good soon! To be honest, that actually is happening to me, too, the same time (closely) as yours! I really hope they will fix this on the next update with a maintenance update.
    So you can confirm this issue wasn't happened earlier? I own my phone only one week and can't say what was before with prev updates. I installed it all at the one time. Good! I hope someone skilled enough will report it to Nokia or Google.
  • alexium 67 alexium 67
    ✭✭  / 
    Probably this issue is linked to known problem with Wi-Fi and sleep mode. I plugged my phone at night charging and that option was enabled at the morning. So it's bug in deleted by Google menu item "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep". In theory it should always on but some people reported it still disabling Wi-Fi in deep sleep mode. I think it somehow linked with my problem.
  • silas silas
    ✭✭  / 
    My Sirocco has the same problem. WiFi scanning always turned off after some time. Also battery optimization for power saver and system UI turned off, too. Weird.
  • user1518610749153 user1518610749153
     /  edited December 2018
    Same problem here with Nokia 6. I tried everything. Finally i decided to do a factory reset... Same behaviour keeps going on. Wifi scanning is activated and then... Silently it gets switched off by itself... Seriously annoying as location services stop working as they should. December security update installed and showing this behaviour
  • alexium 67 alexium 67
    ✭✭  / 
    I will try one workaround - special utility that block deep sleep phone mode. It will increase battery consumption of course. But maybe useful for people who need that location services. As a another workaround I use global Wi-Fi setting turned on constantly. It prevents location quality decreasing.
  • alexium 67 alexium 67
    ✭✭  / 
    No any luck with workarounds like special tool that block the deep sleep mode. May be broken one (utility). But probably I found another trail... I removed all updates for Google Play Services and disabled all device administrators (Google Pay and Remote device control) to do it. And removed all data for the Services. As a result Wi-Fi Scanning was enable after 2 hours of phone idle. I should testing further
  • alexium 67 alexium 67
    ✭✭  / 
    Unfortunately problem returned after Google Play Services updating to actual version.