Screen not lightning up

Used my Nokia 5 for about a year with no problems except functionalities of the various Android releases.

Screen not lightning up

Used my Nokia 5 for about a year with no problems except functionalities of the various Android releases. Occasionaly, probnably caused by involuntary touches while in the pocket, the screen came back with very low brightness: no problem, go to settings and enhance brightness. Yesterday, with no change, drop or other, after some hours of inactivity, the screen simply doesn't light up; the system appears active (the "back" and "show apps" buttons light up for a few second when hitting Home, power flows in when connected to a supply), but the screen remains dark. My suspicion is hat this time brightness has been inadvertedly mioved to zero, but this is a deadlock: with no screen, no action is possible, I hoped for a hardware "Reset to factory data" capability, but there is none Is there any solution ? Thanks

Comments

• cooljevil cooljevil
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Try hard resetting your phone by holding and pressing the power button for 10 seconds. Then, turn it off again and see if the problem disappears. But if it didn't work, open the phone and pretend that it is open. Then, locate the brightness slider and slide it from left to right.