On call screen touch prevention (proximity sensor) is not working

Hi Nokia lovers !  The Nokia 6.1 / plus phone is really good and handy and loved it, but there seems to be a bug after the android update.

On call screen touch prevention (proximity sensor) is not working

Hi Nokia lovers !
 The Nokia 6.1 / plus phone is really good and handy and loved it, but there seems to be a bug after the android update.
While on receiving / dialling a call, the proximity sensor seems to malfunction and the screen is not turning off which causes accidental touching while on call. 
There is no option to enable it under settings.
I resrarest it, it became normal and wroked fine for 2-3days, and again the issue surfaced again, proximity sensor malfunctioning.

Is there a fix for this issue other than restarting the device?

Please let me know if anyone faced the same issue.

Answers

• Same problem in my mobile also
  • boblu boblu
    **  / 
    Please try to remove screen protector. If you are using.
    Don't blame me if your problem not solve.

Sometime screen protector cause problems.

Thanks 😊
  • nokia 6.1 plus biggest problem I am facing is proximity sensor issue this was in 8.1 as well as 9.0 ( pie) now, every time I talk on phone my phone goes to mute by accidentally activating it. 

I had my phone without any screen protector and this issue was there so I think its inherent phone issue.
  • This isn't a screen protector issue. Even i face the same very often
  • nokia 6.1 plus biggest problem I am facing is proximity sensor issue this was in 8.1 as well as 9.0 ( pie) now, every time I talk on phone my phone goes to mute by accidentally activating it. 

I had my phone without any screen protector and this issue was there so I think its inherent phone issue.
    Same here.screen light blinking on call.
  •  The Nokia 6.1 / plus phone is really good and handy and loved it, but there seems to be a bug after the android update.
    While on receiving / dialling a call, the proximity sensor seems to malfunction and the screen is not turning off which causes accidental touching while on call. 
    There is no option to enable it under settings.
    I resrarest it, it became normal and wroked fine for 2-3days, and again the issue surfaced again, proximity sensor malfunctioning.

Is there a fix for this issue other than restarting the device?

Please let me know if anyone faced the same issue.

• Same issue after android pie update on my Nokia 6.1 not plus TA-1089 model. Very irritating problem. Dont know when nokia will solve it. I have to use earphone becoz of sudden touch while on call. Restarting solve it for 2-3 days and than again problem starts.