Pixel buds

Hello all I have recently brought a pair of pixel buds and they do not work but they work fine on my brothers iPhone x. Any suggestions or solutions.

Pixel buds

Dominic Littler Dominic Littler
 /  edited October 2018
Hello all
I have recently brought a pair of pixel buds and they do not work but they work fine on my brothers iPhone x. Any suggestions or solutions. I have already spoken to Google and they have escalated my case.
Kind regards
Dominic

Comments

• I have the same issue with my Nokia 8 Oreo 8.1 

it works on other android devices and iPhone  , 

i think its a Bluetooth issue 

• Nuno Santos Nuno Santos
    ✭✭  / 
    I have the same issue with my Nokia 7+ Pie 9.0 ans Oreo 8.1

Bluetooth ???
  • Ziin Ziin
     / 
    My wife and I both have Nokia 7+ and my pixel buds don't work on either of them. It makes a notification sound when first testing out the Google assistant, right after the set up but then no sound from then on. You can still adjust the volume by swiping on the buds themselves but that's about it. Sound bounces from the headphone (no actual sound) to the phone speakers. Super frustrating, it's not the buds themselves, they work fine on my wife's work phone (Google pixel 3). 

You'd think they'd work on a 7+, it being an android one phone and all.
  • Ziin Ziin
     / 
    Ziin said:
    My wife and I both have Nokia 7+ and my pixel buds don't work on either of them. It makes a notification sound when first testing out the Google assistant, right after the set up but then no sound from then on. You can still adjust the volume by swiping on the buds themselves but that's about it. Sound bounces from the headphone (no actual sound) to the phone speakers. Super frustrating, it's not the buds themselves, they work fine on my wife's work phone (Google pixel 3). 

You'd think they'd work on a 7+, it being an android one phone and all.
    Update. So after talking to Google support, they noticed my firmware was out of date. To fix this, play something through the headphones via Google Play or Spotify (I used Google Play) even if there's no sound for about 20-30 min and it will update itself.
    If it didn't update, put them back in the case for 5 min and try again.

Hope this helps people, it worked for me.