Who has received a new update on Nokia 8

I saw some tweets of some persons who said they have received another update on their Nokia 8 after the December Security Patch update.

Who has received a new update on Nokia 8

Conqueror Conqueror
✭✭✭  / 
I saw some tweets of some persons who said they have received another update on their Nokia 8 after the December Security Patch update. Who has received same here?

Comments

• gemini75 gemini75
    ✭✭✭  / 
    No still waiting for 8.0 and December patch. Not as fast as Nokia stated which doesn't make them look good
  • mark coley mark coley
    ✭✭  / 

• mark coley mark coley
    ✭✭  / 

Just downloading 330MB update now. I already had the December update.

• I got one yesterday. 330MB
  • Steel Steel
     /  edited December 2017
    Just got it here in Vietnam, TA-1004, around more than 300MB update size. Pretty pleased with it, the multitasking and RAM management has been improved a lot, now I can keep my game running on background with 10+ more apps openning. Battery life is better too. Good job HMD gangs.
  • Any improvement in camera?
  • Steel Steel
     / 
    I don't use camera much actually, so I don't even know about its camera flaws, so no comment. IIRC, the camera sensor of Nokia 8 is not flagship grade, just a mid range one so don't expect brilliant photos from it.
  • user1514619665383 user1514619665383
    ✭✭  /  edited January 2018
    I don't know about the sensor. But I usually get pretty awesome pictures with the camera. I was using a Galaxy s6 before and this one is miles ahead of it. Problems I face are slow autofocus and beams of light appears when shooting against the sun. Close focusing also not proper. But with Google camera app I don't find these issues
  • Steel Steel
     / 
    According to gsmarena:
    Nokia 8: (f/2.0, 1.12 µm) sensor
    Note 8: (f/1.7, 26mm, 1/2.5", 1.4 µm) sensor
    So Note 8 has 25% bigger pixel size and better lens.
    I tried things u mentioned and the auto focus is still slow, but close focus is better iirc.
  • Hi, could you post which Nokia 8 gets this as my UK TA-1012 hasn't yet and I'm wondering if it will, thanks.

• SunNic SunNic
     / 
    I received an update (~330 MB) in Germany too. This solve the problem that some 3rd party apps can't write on the SD card. But the glance screen don't count new messages from 3rd party apps (Threema,...). And an official changelog would be great...
  • SunNic SunNic
     / 
    And yes, the camera app seems to be faster.
  •  Mine is Malaysia TA-1004 and I got the update yesterday 29th Dec.

• mogdar mogdar
     / 

MY TA-1012 got the update today in Germany, others are still waiting.
    Looks like a firmware update for the camera.

On mine it needed another reboot till the camera finally works.

• Conqueror Conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @user1511312329809 Nokia 8 camera lens is far better than that of Samsung Galaxy Note 8. In fact, it is also better than that of iPhone 8, 8Plus and 10.. The only issues Nokia 8 camera had was slow focus but its pictures quality is far ahead of that of Samsung and iPhone.. Little search on YouTube reviews will tell you better..
  • Conqueror Conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Meanwhile, I'm yet to receive the latest update on My TA-1004 here in Nigeria.. Nokia should push the update to us
  • guru guru
     / 

Downloading the update. A change log would be nice. Will post further with changes that I am able to see.

• Kelvin Lo Kelvin Lo
    ✭✭  / 
    Not yet for my TA-1052 from Hong Kong
  • guru guru
     /  edited January 2018
    After the update

1. Fingerprint sensor/unlock is super fast.
    2. Camera s fast, though not the Lumia UI yet.
    3. Apps responsiveness is faster than before.

I can't seem to find a changelog anywhere. Can Nokia share it. It will help.
  • Steel Steel
     /  edited January 2018
    Yup, good job gangs. Keep bringing us stable and fast update.
  • Vicky max Vicky max
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Just updated really application and finger print fast response...where as camera same issues as previously but I noticed little quick when taking pics seriously waiting for camera firmware update for long time
  • Conqueror Conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 

I just updated mine and observed that the camera is now faster in focus and the front camera is now very better. Also the finger print sensor is now faster and the attached screenshot shows an update to the device interface. The X icon now appears with the mobile data icon when the mobile data is switched off

• gemini75 gemini75
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 2018
    And still waiting for December security patch plus Oreo plus extra update
  • Received this in the UK yesterday, not really noticed any major changes and not used the camera enough to comment whether it works better or not. Will be using the camera tonight so will see how I get on with it.
  • user1514619665383 user1514619665383
    ✭✭  /  edited January 2018
    Got the update in Qatar. Camera is faster now. Color accuracy seems to be better. Fingerprint is very fast now. Overall faster performance. I bought this device 1 month back and since then this is the 3rd update. Here in Qatar Nokia 8 is much cheaper than one+5 . Hence good value for money. Excellent battery backup.
  • gemini75 gemini75
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @user1507208628483 I take it you got Oreo update as well
  • Battery seems to do better. 24 percent battery left after 18.5 hours of usage and 6 hours screen on time
  • Received in UK today TA-1012, Fingerprint unlock seems faster and camera also seems to focus a bit faster, which is good, so thanks HMD for that. Hoping overall camera experience has improved with this update.

• Steel Steel
     / 
    I noticed that the fingerprint sensor issue is still there. Sometimes it's totally dead, cannot do one touch unlock and I must use power button to turn the screen on first.
  • I have also managed to successfully install the latest camera APK (V8.02) that comes with the Nokia 5 Oreo Beta build, it now opens almost instantly and seems to focus better.  You can find it on nokiapoweruser site

Prev1