Phone number of two identical people are merged

Hi I'm wondering if anyone could help me with the following issue (or let me know if they experience the same issue so I know I'm not a "special" case).

Phone number of two identical people are merged

iemand iemand
 / 

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone could help me with the following issue (or let me know if they experience the same issue so I know I'm not a "special" case).

The issue is as following, I have 2 contacts with an identical name and both have a phone number (and some other information like address). All suggestions to merge the 2 contacts have been discarded.

On https://contacts.google.com/ everything is perfectly set up.

On my Nexus 7 (2013) everything is perfectly set up.

On my Nokia 5, if I open one of the 2 people, I see both phone number (so also the one from the other person). When I choose to edit, I only see the phone number of the actual person I opened.

Some screenshots to prove this weird behavior.

You will see that contact A has 2 phone number (one ending with 07 and the other with 40). When clicking on edit, you only see 07 (his actual phone number).

Same goes for contact B.

Contact A

Contact B

I'm going nuts trying to figure this issue out. I have this issue actually with in total 4 people (we're not so inventive with names in Belgium apparently).

Some questions which you might wonder:
  • The issue gets solved by renaming the contact (so renaming the contact name from "John Doe" to "John 2 Doe"), but this is a lame solution.
  • I already tried removing them and re-creating them. No solution there.
  • The contacts app version is 2.4.4.178663410 (both on the Nokia 5 as well as the Nexus 7).
  • When one of the two contacts me, I always see the picture of Contact A (so I think Contact A is contacting me while it's the other one). Also text messages get messed up due to this issue.

I just don't know who is causing this issue. Strange that it happens with my Nokia 5, but not with my Nexus 7.

Thanks in advanced.

Comments

• I had double contacts in my phone book.kept deleteing them they just kept returned.i worked out it was what's app synchronization . Stopped sync,deleted my phone book then put them back in hay presto it worked now single entries.