Nokia Logo on body

The letter "l" in the Nokia logo on the phone body has just peeled off and fallen.

Nokia Logo on body

NKS NKS
 /  edited March 31
The letter "l" in the Nokia logo on the phone body has just peeled off and fallen. This is the logo that seems to be stuck on the metal body below the camera flash. I'm quite surprised on the quality of product being offered by HMD Nokia. I even don't expect any support since I hardly see any issues being addressed here in the forum.

Comments

• user1514822739298 user1514822739298
     /  edited June 25

Also on my new Nokia 8, the metal "I" has fallen off. It wonder where to get a replacement.

• jimmyireland jimmyireland
    ✭✭  /  edited June 30

The A fell off mine the day I got it but just pushed it back in and its fine with a case on it but its annoying nonetheless 

• Unknown
     /  edited June 25
    My "I" letter also went missing. And yesterday "K" felt off but i saved it and put it back.
  • NKS NKS
     /  edited June 25

The two of you were lucky to have found the missing letters to push back in the slot. But I don't know where mine fell off and am worried if the Nokia will provide replacement. Will be contacting the support for help and will update.

• Unknown
     /  edited June 25
    Same here letter "I" is missing.Suddenly noticed it today just after 4 months of use. Looks like 6000 series aluminium is too soft to hold things together.what a shame once known for its rock solid built. Now nokia is so fragile when it comes to simple branding at the back.
  • Unknown
     /  edited June 25

my KIA letters fall somewhere only NO is on my phone

• Unknown
     /  edited June 25
    After 7 months of use, mine just fell off today, the letters K and I. I was able to retrieve the letter K but I lost the letter I completely. :( Now it reads NOK A at the back of my Nokia 6. 3 I hope HMD do something about this. At least sell replacement letters with better adhesive.
  • WelshPaul WelshPaul
     /  edited June 25

They must of got rid of these because the two Nokia 5 handsets I purchased don't have these? The Nokia logo on the phone body is just pressed in to the plastic. 

• Unknown
     /  edited June 25

Same here. Letter "I" is missing

• Unknown
     /  edited June 25
    Igual en mi Nokia se desprendió Kia rayos yo pensando en que no se iban a caer aora que asemos?
  • Unknown
     /  edited June 25
    I hope mine wouldn't fall off soon?
  • Unknown
     /  edited June 25
    Just bought my nokia 8 5 days ago. Just found that letter k is missing. I called the seller..they say they will verify...they cant replace the product. What should i do?
  • user1529558890553 user1529558890553
     /  edited June 25

Been using Nokia 8 for last 6 mo . The paint quality and logo etching is horrible. I have used a silicon cover for back case and the phone develops spots. These are not paint chip offs for sure. Upon close inspection it looks that there is a top coat of paint which has pigmented in a way to become lighter. Customer care says that the cover caused it which is highly doubtful. 

• marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭  / 

This is really strange! I saw videos of the BUILD quality of the nokias... and hardware / software problems aside (there are PLENTY!) the build is "top notch"

NOKIA 5 BACK test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2WOhA3Fjao&feature=youtu.be&t=1m20s

LOGO won't "fall off"!

NOKIA 2 BACK test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrKYRM6iFh0&feature=youtu.be&t=1m48s

LOGO will FALL off! (cheap phone)

• marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭  / 

Well, since there is no solution for this, are your guys swapping for another NOKIA 5 or send the unit to tech support?

I think i will swap for another NOKIA 5 with previous firmware, but i would like nokia to say something about this case...

• adbenj adbenj
    ✭✭  / 

I've lost all my vowels. I asked customer support if they could send me an extra set and they told me to contact my retailer. I haven't bothered so far because to be honest, on a £170 phone, it's not really a big deal, and I'm not hugely optimistic my retailer would do anything anyway – it seems more like the manufacturer's responsibility. The build quality is deceptively poor though. The aluminium body makes it feel solid but after only a few months, the power button felt loose and I'd already lost the 'I' on the back of the phone. Just hoping it will last until the end of my contract.