Not getting oreo 8 upgrade to my Nokia 8 in UK

Hello Nokia team, I tried contacting the Nokia mobile support team through various forum to understand why my Nokia 8 (sim free phone) has not got Android Oreo upgrade and not sure why the support team is really struggling to provide the concrete reason.

Not getting oreo 8 upgrade to my Nokia 8 in UK

user1514446509070 user1514446509070
 /  edited January 4

Hello Nokia team,

I tried contacting the Nokia mobile support team through various forum to understand why my Nokia 8 (sim free phone) has not got Android Oreo upgrade and not sure why the support team is really struggling to provide the concrete reason. Some time they say to get oreo 8 upgrade phone has to be running on December security patch + Nougat 7.1.2. However in most of the forum plus as per comments from Sarvikas, Nokia 8 will skip the Nougat 7.1.2 upgrade and oreo 8 will be upgraded directly. And as per official confirmation from HMD global Nokia 8 is supposed to receive the Oreo 8 upgrade by December 2017 end, however it is not in my case. Support team is suggesting unnecessary steps to get the Upgrade and it is all trial and error method.

Please confirm why there is so much confusion. I am really fed up and not happy with the services provided and thinking of sell my phone and go for different product. And Suggest the same to my friends and relatives.

Comments

• 203 203
     /  edited January 4

It has been established in a few other threads that the network of the SIM card you put into your SIM free phone is a significant (the) factor in determining when and if your phone receives the Oreo update.

This of course breaks the long known practice that SIM free phones are at the front of the queue for updates.

I have a SIM free Nokia 8 (UK TA-1012) with an O2 SIM card in it and have received the update.

Which network are you on?

• Mine is Sim free phone.... I got the security patch till November after tat not receiving any update. I addition to this support team is asking me to follow some unrealistic steps to test whether update will be received or not.
  • Response from Nokia about the Oreo upgrade process, based on the content it looks like a rushed response.

------------------

Thank you for contacting Nokia Mobile Care.

We apologize for this inconvenience. We appreciate your time and effort in sending us your concern.

About the release of updates, with SIM free handsets, this means that the SIM card needs provisioning. SIM card provisioning is a process to activate the SIM card network and services before it can be used by customers. This is also needed before update can be made, that is why the release of update need the intervention of the carrier. However, please note that you can have the option to do the update without the SIM card. 

For other concerns, please feel free to contact us again if necessary.