Nokia 8 Dxomark score

DXOmark released the camera score for Nokia 8 and it is 68. Do you all agree with this.

Nokia 8 Dxomark score

user1514619665383 user1514619665383
 /  edited January 17
DXOmark released the camera score for Nokia 8 and it is 68. Do you all agree with this. Personally I experienced better imaging with Nokia 8 compared to my old Galaxy s6 which is having a higher score. Is it a coincidence that the score just surfaced before Nokia 9 launch

Comments

• Simo Simo
     / 
    It doesn't reflect my experience with the camera. Sure it has some problems with details and it's not the best camera out there, but the slow focus has been partially solved in the latest updates and the other problems are most likely software. Still it gets very good pictures. I can't tell about videos because I am not interested in taking videos usually.
  • user1514619665383 user1514619665383
     /  edited October 20
    I am usually getting good pictures. But I have problems with slow focus. It's really bad Nokia didnt look into this. Now the news of this Dxo score is like a wild fire in the net and be sure that the competitors will make good use of that. This is gonna affect their next flagship too. Too late Nokia!!
  • navaneethakumar navaneethakumar
     /  edited October 20
    I think Nokia can able to fix this issue with software update , because 835 chipset is best in class ,but Zeiss and Nokia unable to make good camera.
  • Moohy Hoderi Moohy Hoderi
     /  edited October 20
    Yes it is.
    I have 4 years older device gs5 and it's camera is way better than Nokia 8 , i hope they'll improve it a little more.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

I have taken some spanking photos with my Nokia 8, it is far superior than what my Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Moto G, Moto G2, Moto G3, Moto G4, Moto G5 Plus were, My Moto X Play was better i suppose but that had a gem of a camera.

When i have been disappointed with the camera in hindsight i was asking too much of it due to poor lighting or speed of the subject.

That said improvements are needed but after a year of waiting i fear nothing substantial will come to the Nokia 8, time isn't on its side any more.