Screen burn in/image retention

Of late I've started noticing screen burn/image retention on my 8 running the official 8.0 update. Anyone else getting this?

Screen burn in/image retention

user1509696721934 user1509696721934
 /  edited January 13
Of late I've started noticing screen burn/image retention on my 8 running the official 8.0 update. Anyone else getting this? Will this be a problem for the display if it's not the dreaded permanent screen burn?

Comments

• I'm getting thin vertical black line(left side) in my screen.
    I'm not sure this is hardware or software issue.
    Planning to reach Nokia service centre .
  • Simo Simo
     /  edited January 13
    It's an LCD screen, it's not technically possible to have burn in or image retention. It probably is a faulty unit, nothing more.
  • zxcvbad zxcvbad
     /  edited January 13
    It's an image retention, not permanent. Burn-in won't affect LCD panels. You could use Display tester app from the Play Store for diagnostics
  • So is this going to be a permanent issue? Any software fixes that I can try?
  • Display /touch replacement done.
  • Hepsun Hepsun
     /  edited July 20
    I got a new Nokia 8 and I experienced the same. 2 horizontal bands of different contrast and brightness to the rest of the screen. So on a white page full of black text the text in these bands will be paler and greenish.
    Interestingly, (1) the location of those bands is the same as the white background text area from the Google page you get while scrolling left your desktop and (2) they do not appear when watching a video or looking at a picture.
    So looks like a strange behaviour. I will get my phone replaced.
  • imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭  / 
    Does anyone knows what Nokia care people told?
  • i gave for display replacement, they are still fixing it. first they provided me yellowish display. i said this is not the original. then again they told me to wait. still my mobile is in service centre