SOFTWARE UPDATE FOR NOKIA 105

Hi , I'm using Nokia 105 as a backup phone. Could you give update for this device (RM 1134) it's now running on 14.0.11 which was released on September 2016.

SOFTWARE UPDATE FOR NOKIA 105

Geetha UV Geetha UV
 /  edited January 16
Hi ,
I'm using Nokia 105 as a backup phone. Could you give update for this device (RM 1134) it's now running on 14.0.11 which was released on September 2016. Please give updates....

Comments

• volk volk
    ✭✭  /  edited January 16
    Er, you do realise most people using this phone don't even know what software updates are, right?

And as far as I know Series 30+ phones can be updated via USB (I've done that with my 220), but since 105 doesn't have a backup mechanism (either to another phone via Bluetooth or to a memory card), your data would be lost forever.

I wonder what people would expect from an update for 105. It's a very basic phone so there is little room for bugs (and improvement too). There wouldn't be exciting new features like a browser or MP3 player because the hardware simply wouldn't allow it.
  • Geetha UV Geetha UV
     / 
    But UI improvements can be made through updates
  • user1518095826732 user1518095826732
     /  edited April 7

>> Er, you do realise most people using this phone don't even know what software updates are, right?

Well, my apologies, but what exactly are you implying here? That the Nokia 105 users can't afford an update, or are in some way disabled, or are "on the other side of the history"? Look at this page before answering: https://www.nokia.com/en_int/phones/nokia-105-dual-sim.

I don't see any reason why Nokia can't improve the software of these Series 30+ phones. I have a Nokia 150 Dual Sim and here is my list of the most obvious and wanted improvements so far:

1. The phone book. Make it possible to store more than 1 number per contact. 5 numbers ideally + email, birthday etc. And please remove the weird 16 symbols limitation for the book entries. Make this phone book a good personal organizer. - It's hardware independent.

2. The screen. Let us configure the screen brightness, hence the battery. - Again, it's hardware independent.

3. Bring the Nokia PC Suite back. Or any other update and phone management tool. Let the users really control their devices, and they will thank you back.