Nokia 8 Split Screen

Every time I unlock my phone it starts the split screen function... Any way to disable this ?

Nokia 8 Split Screen

System System
 /  edited June 6
Every time I unlock my phone it starts the split screen function... Any way to disable this ?
Nokia could prevent the recent button to work while the screen remains locked...

Comments

• Jeminous Jeminous
     /  edited January 23
    Have the same issue. I think Nokia should add some delay for enabling of split screen function right after phone was unlocked.
  • 203 203
     /  edited June 6
    I also had a problem with my Nokia 8 and unintentionally going into split screen mode. A mode I personally consider beyond thoroughly useless but that's beside the point. What helped me a lot was... Settings >> Accesability >> Touch and hold delay. Changing this to "medium" cut down significantly on my split screen misactivations.
  • LennartB LennartB
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 23
    I also have this problem but got "used" to it and really try to put my finger on the sensor only... But that's not really a fix.
    I agree with with the OP that the recent app button should be disabled while the phone is locked. @203, I'll try that, thanks for the tip.
  • LennartB LennartB
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 26

I've e-mailed this issue/feedback and linked this forum topic via https://www.nokia.com/en_gb/phones/support/

• 203 203
     / 

Good luck!

So far HMD/Nokia has shown no indication that it is prepared to implement it's own core  functional improvements and enhancements to it's phones.

• LennartB LennartB
    ✭✭✭  /  edited June 6

Well they got back to me and said they will pass these suggestions on to the devs, so fingers crossed!

• LennartB LennartB
    ✭✭✭  / 

Well.. since official 8.1 Oreo the issue didn't occur anymore and i'm running it for over a week now.

So it seems to be fixed.

• I am having the same issue with Nokia 6. It is annoying this much, that I want to disable multiwindow, but there is no option for this. Nokia please improve this part of you product.