We are under attack!

It's been 24 hours -maybe more- that the forum is spammed by Chinese posts (which have irrelevant content) We will be pleased if moderation take necessary steps, also we would like to hear future plans to mitigate such actions.

We are under attack!

naufrago naufrago
✭✭✭✭  / 
It's been 24 hours -maybe more- that the forum is spammed by Chinese posts (which have irrelevant content)
We will be pleased if moderation take necessary steps, also we would like to hear future plans to mitigate such actions.
Any comments will be appreciated.

Comments

• marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Agree, they should be taken care of. It could be a coincidence, but to me it feels as though they're trying to use Asian jabber as an excuse to disrupt our discussions regarding the delayed updates that are supposed to bring the awesome camera app to the Nokia 8!

• petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    We have a new Chinese forum. :D
    I hope it will be as soon as possible fixed :)
  • HMDLaura HMDLaura
    Staff member  / 
    Hello, hello

Forum is clean again :) sorry for this little 'invasion'. 

Best regards, 
    Laura 
  • hdisowjdj3838 hdisowjdj3838
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Yay! Clean forum!
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Again! :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    It's interesting that this is really happening. Even though we are having difficulties while sending proper posts, these guys are able to spam. Interesting.

FYI, Cloudflare showing me stupid CAPTCHA thing when I change screen orientation :lol:
    Give me a break Cloudflare, you are supposed to block these guys, not me!!?
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I am not robot :lol:
    (Posting just to keep the thread up)

• HMDLaura HMDLaura
    Staff member  / 
    Heya, 

we still try to figure out how to keep them out. Most of the spam stuff is now detected and filtered out by our spam filters but some goes through every day and I don't really know why :/ 

Sorry for that guys, we are working on it. 

Regards, 
    Laura 
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    HMD_Laura said:
    Heya, 

we still try to figure out how to keep them out. Most of the spam stuff is now detected and filtered out by our spam filters but some goes through every day and I don't really know why :/ 

Regards, 
    Laura 
    Good luck with that. There seems to be a leak on Vanilla cloud side.
  • Laze Sun Laze Sun
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    HMD_Laura said:
    Heya, 

Regards, 
    Laura 

They use bulk-registered accounts to send a large number of posts with advertising content.
    However, since it is sent in batches, the content and the sender's ID (and possibly even the registered mailbox and password) are similar (for example, banana001, banana002, etc.), maybe you guys can start from there?

Usually such posts use some means to circumvent the filter based on keywords, such as using some special symbols to sentences or cutting words, or using similar letters.

For example,
    Hi nokia fans! → ΗΙ Π〇₭Ια ₣αΠs!
    ( It is more difficult to be searched and recognized by keywords after replacing letters with special symbols.)

Maybe you can ask other forum administrators for help. Maybe they have some better solution for this issue.  <3

他们使用批量注册的账号来发布大量的广告帖子。但是由于是批量发送,所以内容和发送者的 ID (甚至可能注册邮箱和密码)都是相似的(例如 example001、example002 之类的),也许可以从这里下手?
    注意通常这类帖子都会使用一些手段来规避关键词识别,例如使用一些特殊符号断句或切断词语、或者使用长相类似的词。
    也许你们可以请教一下其他的论坛管理方有什么解决的办法。  <3

• marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    It happened again, cleanup please?
  • Spam is unfortunately a problem for so many communities. I design and manage communities for brands. There are ways to reduce it but you just have to be on the ball and accept with every big announcement more spammers will come.