Nokia 3 crashing after 7.1.1 update. The phone does not charge as well

My Nokia is behaving strangely. It shuts off at its leisure and then refuses to turn on. Also will stop charging after a few minutes.

Nokia 3 crashing after 7.1.1 update. The phone does not charge as well

user868 user868
 /  edited October 2017
My Nokia is behaving strangely. It shuts off at its leisure and then refuses to turn on. Also will stop charging after a few minutes.

Comments

• Mine nokia 3 does the same thing. After update its crashing and behive strange! Pls do something
  • Anna - Moderator Anna - Moderator
    ✭✭✭  /  edited September 2017

Hi!

Sorry to hear this. For fast troubleshooting, please don't hesitate to contact our customer support. We have 24/7 chat support available in English - they will be able to look into your issue quickly.  

When urgent advice is needed, we usually recommend you contact support first, given the peer-to-peer nature of this forum. 

Hope your issue gets resolved soon, have a great day!

Anna (Moderator)

• user868 user868
     /  edited October 2017
    There has been no response from them. I can show you screenshots of the conversation. I messaged 4 times straight during working hours. They just ignored it.
  • and the problem repeats every day!!!!!!!!!!!

• user48 user48
     /  edited October 2017
    Same problems here after 7.1.1 update constant app crashes help line has been useless
  • user962 user962
     /  edited October 2017

they just told me this " In that case contact with google support, as Google is the manufacturer of Adroid. "!!!! jesus -_-

• Shubho Shubho
     /  edited October 2017
    Same after 7.1 .1 nougat update before it phone was fine now behaving strange gets switched of and boots automatically . Wall paper gets changed to default one .Phone remains unresponsive.
  • user962 user962
     /  edited October 2017

yes same here!!! i hope they get a patch or something, or update or return phone on 7.0.0.

• user48 user48
     /  edited September 2017
    Seems Nokia have zero interest in fixing these problems same goes for its retailers
  • Hi all,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We have forwarded it to the relevant team.

Thank you for your patience while we look into things. 

Have a wonderful day,

Anna (Moderator) 

• user48 user48
     /  edited October 2017
    Great but these replies are not getting the problems with the product Nokia is selling fixed it needs to be fixed or recalled
  • user962 user962
     / 

c'mon people DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   2 days working fine, one day not!

• Same problem started for me two weeks ago. More and more Apps crashing - Settings, Clock, YouTube, Calendar, Camera. Although I've had responses from Support, there are no useful suggestions and I'm getting to the stage that I will seek a refund from the retailer and return the phone. 

This is really disappointing, but it's just as well that I bought a cheaper model to make an assessment of these new phones. I have a feeling this is not a good sign for the brand and its new licensee !

• user962 user962
     / 

we need only some update...before Nougat everything works fine....not good -_-

• Shubho Shubho
     /  edited October 2017
    It's high time they think of recalling the phones and give a refund. Nokia trust could be saved a little. Am not recommending any one Nokia 3. 11 years of Nokia user , now feel left out
  • Same thing also happens to my device. Sometimes the phone just won't unlock and the screen has no response so I have to force restart it again. This happens at most 3x a day.
  • user962 user962
     /  edited October 2017

we need to demand on every NOKIA site and on FB...to tell people what is phone like. We need only some patch or something bcs phone was working fine before update. Spread the word people! 

• user868 user868
     / 
    I have tried all possible channels. HMD doesn't simply care, its not Nokia.

That's all there is needed to be said.

Buying a new phone soon, shifting to my old trusty Nokia Lumia 730 till then. A true Nokia.
  • user1508212075590 user1508212075590
     /  edited October 2017

I purchased the Nokia 3 new on 10 September. It was fine for the first day and then the following day, and ever since, it constantly crashes. Faults I know of:- Cannot set an alarm as it crashes, more often than not hangs when a phone call is coming in and I cannot answer until after the phone has finished ringing and waits 5 seconds to 'clear its throat', cannot connect to Bluetooth devices (inc my handsfree in car kit) that need a pin number as it crashes as soon as it looks for an input of the pin ID, most apps crash if there is any sort of setting change / interaction with the android side of things, quite often the screen wont activate when trying to wake it up. Can take up to 1 minute to wake up. Camera usually (50% time) crashes when trying to take photos, when trying to look at photos, it will usually crash when trying to scroll from one to the other.. Need to go out and back into the next photo, cannot delete any apps that have been installed as it crashes, most setting changes in the menu will crash before it will save. GPS is absolutely terrible when trying to use it to navigate as it struggles to stay connected to a GPS signal, Gmail will not work to view emails, outlook crashes most of the time when trying to view email but at least works 50% of the time, any functions like trying to add photos to a message it hangs and delays its process for between 30 and 60 seconds. Sometimes the photos will attach, sometimes the app will crash. 

I have had many Lumia 920's 950's with the Windows platform as work phones and they were fantastic. I have just changed jobs and have purchased this phone to use for work as well as private needs. Being the first Android based phone I have had, it has left a very bad taste in my mouth. 

I have been completing the 'leave feedback' prompts on the phone when it crashes (many 100's) and have also taken the phone back to the selling dealer. They were not interested in helping as it is a 'software' issue not specific the phone I was sold and told me to wait for a software update. I have given it a few more weeks however this phone is not meeting the requirements that should be expected with a phone and is now effecting my work. The phone does not do what Nokia advised it could do on their sales material and does not function as a phone should reasonably be expected to. I ask that Nokia or one of its nominated dealers / service or sales representatives please contact me to advise a short term solution ASAP. 

• Anna - Moderator Anna - Moderator
    ✭✭✭  / 

Hi user1508212075590,

I'm very sorry to hear about the troubles you're having with your device and can understand your frustration. 

To make sure you get the assistance you need, I would kindly encourage you to contact our customer support directly. We have 24/7 English language chat support available here: https://www.nokia.com/mobile-support (just scroll down to Find answers and select Chat with us).

While this is a peer-to-peer forum, customer support will be able to provide a more personalized support service, help you troubleshoot, and look into your issues more closely. To avoid having to reiterate what you've said here, you can always provide them with a link to this topic. 

Hope this helps, and hope you get the help you need quickly.

---

user868 - Sorry to hear you've been having trouble contacting our support channels. I have forwarded your feedback to the relevant team and they should be in touch with you via email.

---

Wishing you a wonderful day,

Anna (Moderator) 

• I didn't update my Nokia 3 from Android 7.0 but my cell have all these issues. Slow Charging after 50% and stuck on 60%.
    Apps crashes etc camera flash option disappeared automatically