Storage problem

Hello I have problem of storage I want to know how I install my app in external storage I searched everywhere in my phone but I can't get the option realted to…

Storage problem

Hello I have problem of storage I want to know how I install my app in external storage I searched everywhere in my phone but I can't get the option realted to it.please help me fast.....

Comments

• emmanuel temitope olakunle emmanuel temitope olakunle
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    I also have the same problem here, so frustrating...But I think we should at least have it
  • Same problem again with the storage. After having lot of space by merging SD card and internal storage.... Pls help me fast

• L Ali L Ali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The same problem for me too, very low experiencing on Nokia 5 because of very low storage space, even i have merged my 8GB SD Card but still i have low storage space, i think this is Android 8.1 issue because the software takes more than 7.6 GB space before i was running in Android 7.1.2 there was much free space.
  • alper alper
    ✭✭  / 
    When you mount your sd card at first time. It asked for do u want it to use as internal storage or external storage. If you pick for "internal  use"  ur application also installed on sd card, but if u pick external u can use it for only photos, music etc.. 

If you want to format it as internal storage go storage setting, tap sd card then tap 3 dots @ right corner then storage setting and tap "format as internal" after that u will see that your storage capacity extended but all data on sd card will be lost! after formatting.

BUT I DON'T recommend to format it as internal coz sd card are slower then phone's disk, so you will lose performance, but its up to you.
  • sabbir sabbir
    ✭✭  / 
    You'll need a good quality microSD card in this regard.

• At first format the SD card as internal storage.
    • Then you can get the option to move some apps to external storage. The change option will be available at app info>storage.
    You can move only some of your apps to external storage, because most of the apps won't have this option. For example, In my case, I can move Microsoft Power Point to external storage, but there is no option to move Microsoft Word to external storage.
  • nerostefa nerostefa
     / 
    i did that now my phone wont boot , help