Nokia 6.1 Phone not connecting to wifi

When I am out of cell phone range my phone will not connect to wifi.

Nokia 6.1 Phone not connecting to wifi

When I am out of cell phone range my phone will not connect to wifi.
In settings
Wifi is turned on
Advanced airplane mode turned off
Wi-Fi Calling preferred
Android ver 9
Build number 00WW_3_260
When I bought the phone in May the wifi was working then sometime between now and then the phone stopped connecting to wifi. In my house I get no bars and the phone was connecting automatically to my wifi and then last week I noticed that I wasn't getting any phone calls. When I tried to call out I got a message to connect to WiFi but it was connected to wifi, I get the internet through wifi with no problems
Where should I start looking?

Comments

• maxh maxh
     /  edited December 2018
    The first thing you can try is resetting Wifi. Go to Settings, System, Advanced, Options Reset, Wifi, Mobile and Bluetooth reset.
  • Okay I tried that. I told it to forget my hone wifi, restarted the phone and connected it back to the wifi and tried it... no luck. Repeated it again no still no luck.
  • Hello 

I would work with your phone carrier and have them help troubleshoot the phone settings.  

-jason 
  • Agree with jdi000, Wifi calling is phone provider dependent. Verify settings with them.
  • It has been working since I bought it in May and then it stopped working sometime last week
    Has there been any updates to Android One lately?
    Are there settings besides Network & Internet > Wifi and Airplane Mode, and Mobile Network > Wifi Calling preferred to look to see if they are set okay?