Update in the pipeline ?

My phone is now finally saying my september security patch is out of date, which I already knew...but usually it only says it's out of date when there is a new…

Update in the pipeline ?

steve steve
✭✭✭  / 
My phone is now finally saying my september security patch is out of date, which I already knew...but usually it only says it's out of date when there is a new one waiting, but I've looked and nothing is showing up 

Comments

• steve steve
    ✭✭✭  / 
    My handset is the UK 3.1 TA-1057 on O2 , but it's the sim free version 
  • spulci spulci
    ✭✭  / 
    Be happy for the fact you can enjoy Android Oreo 8.1. In Italy we're still on Oreo 8.0 with October SP..........
  • steve steve
    ✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    It's strange you're on 8.0 but on october security patch,
    We're on 8.1 but on September security patch....I don't get Nokia 
  • sotosev sotosev
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    Same as you in Greece I have 8.1 but on September Security update. I hope 9 Pie update is the reason of that delay!  Maybe we get toggether Pie update and December Security update. Anyway I prefer beinf in 8.1 and September than 8 wich has many problems and december security.
  • steve steve
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hopefully Nokia start being more equal in their update releases so we all get to experience either fresh security patches or os updates , which ever way it goes Nokia needs to up it's android one reputation 
  • Chat support in English

Nokia mobile care

• Hello, My name is Gabriel, thank you for contacting Nokia, I will be more than happy to assist you today!
    • Hi Gabriel , i am Georg and , I want to know when will u release october and november security updates for Nokia 3.1 cause my othr Nokia phones are all up to date (6 6.1 and 3)

Nokia mobile care

• You will get the security patch
    • Just be patience Sr
    2 minutes ago

• they dont know where the patches are its useles to ask have just to wait
  • steve steve
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Unfortunately very true , I think there must be a huge issue, see I wouldn't mind waiting as long as they were transparent about it and told us as valued customers exactly what the progress was, good or bad it would just be nice to know where they are at 
  • righez righez
    ✭✭  / 
    spulci said:
    Be happy for the fact you can enjoy Android Oreo 8.1. In Italy we're still on Oreo 8.0 with October SP..........
    That's not true. I'm in Italy and my Nokia 3.1 has got Oreo 8.1
  • steve steve
    ✭✭✭  / 
    righez
    maybe the other Italian poster is using a different network, hence not getting 8.1 yet 
  • spulci spulci
    ✭✭  / 
    righez said:
    spulci said:
    That's not true. I'm in Italy and my Nokia 3.1 has got Oreo 8.1
    That's absolutely true using a sim card with on the TIM (Telecom Italia) network or some other kind of MVNO using TIM network (like Kena). Updates are subject to operators approval. I'm not referring to branded phones since there's no operator version of Nokia 3.1. Updates for Nokia 3.1 were blocked by TIM due to a network issue
  • steve said:
    My handset is the UK 3.1 TA-1057 on O2 , but it's the sim free version 
    I have exactly the same handset, sim free but on three network. Can you access the settings for VOLTE and VoWiFi on yours? My settings disappeared after the Sept uodate
  • steve steve
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Sorry for late reply I haven't been on here much.
    Finally got December security patch but I see no sign of the volte or vowifi that you mentioned
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Can anyone from Nokia 3.1 TA-1070 in India has get any update after September Patch i.e.Build No 00WW_2_590.
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @nitin kachare no dear
  • Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  /  edited February 21
    Some indian users reporting that they have received December2018 & January2019 security patches before some days ago on their Nokia 3.1 
  • Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  /  edited February 21
    steve said:
    My phone is now finally saying my september security patch is out of date, which I already knew...but usually it only says it's out of date when there is a new one waiting, but I've looked and nothing is showing up 
    Updates are delaying only for Nokia 3.1, otherwise other phones getting timely updates